General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Plowing and Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Plowing and Insurance

Have been looking into plowing this winter with my 02 Sportsman 700

I will be primarily doing side walks and some drive way areas

I am still deciding on a plow setup but I am strongly considering the Warn ProVantage with an RT30 Winch and 50 inch straight blade. Not sure whether to go with the front mount or center mount.

My real concern involves insurance. I usually use the machine on my own property and have had it for a year and a half and have not put any insurance on it yet. I have been planning on getting basic liability insurance for it either way just to be safe whether I used it for plowing or not. From what I have found this can be done for under $200 a year. But now that I am planning on using the ATV for snow removal in a residential neighborhood I have been wondering if that would be sufficient coverage.

Anybody else plow snow other than their own? What do you do for insurance?

Old 10-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Warn is a good choice for a plow. I have a 54" on my Rancher and does a great job. You might want to consider getting the electric lift and leave the winch for either get your-self unstuck or as a back-up if the lift fails.

For insurance, it is a must when doing for-hire plowing......just covers you ***.
I have my two '07 Ranchers fully insured (500.00 deductible) with Foremost Insurance Company, it is a division of Farmers Insurance for less than 150.00 a year total.

Good Luck