General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

north vs. south

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default north vs. south

So what do you think about northern vs. southern riders.....We don't get to ride for six months of the year and southern riders ride year 'round. My reduced opportunity increases the need and the enjoyment for the limited time I have to ride. Do northern riders get more enjoyment out of their season than our southern brethren, or are I fooling myself? Those of us with cabin fever get nearly psychotic about it before the trails open.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

I don't understand only 6 mo. riding season? I aint afraid of no snow. And if it gets to deep I guess I'd invest in some tracks! Or hop on a sled.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Range Rover

I envy the south...wish I could ride all year. I hate this white stuff....

Old 03-15-2010, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

If u are not riding in the winter u r missing out on some of the best riding
u can find!! I like riding some of the orv trails that are open all year that also
get groomed for any selds that want to use them, I go when the temps warm
to the low 40's or higher then there are no sleds on them & it is warmer for riding
that way too & the best thing is there is NO dust!!! just water & snow. My wife &
I just went up to michigan northern LP a did some great riding.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Trailblazer

if it isn't atv weather its snowmobile weather

Old 03-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Range Rover

in NY, all the sled clubs get pissed off if you rut up their trails so most close the trails to atv's until April.....I could ride if I had a big piece of private land though. Also, the great people of NY closed state parks/trails to atv's. Can't wait to get out of here!!! lol

Old 03-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by dirtsnow
If u are not riding in the winter u r missing out on some of the best riding
u can find!! I like riding some of the orv trails that are open all year that also
get groomed for any selds that want to use them, I go when the temps warm
to the low 40's or higher then there are no sleds on them & it is warmer for riding
that way too & the best thing is there is NO dust!!! just water & snow. My wife &
I just went up to michigan northern LP a did some great riding.
I ride my ATV on the snowmobile trails with tracks (with a separate snowmobile tag). One can not ride around here in the winter with tires and an ATV registration....trails are CLOSED. Trails don't open until May in many cases.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Mr. Fancy Pants
in NY, all the sled clubs get pissed off if you rut up their trails so most close the trails to atv's until April.....I could ride if I had a big piece of private land though. Also, the great people of NY closed state parks/trails to atv's. Can't wait to get out of here!!! lol
Yes, same here. You'd be strung up for riding on sled trails with an ATV, which I totally understand.

You can't ride ATVs in a lot of state parks from coast to coast.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:13 AM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

I live here in Oklahoma. Our winter USUALLY brings snow and ice once maybe twice a winter for 3 or 4 days total. We usually can't wait! We get some prime riding in. That said we had a serious winter (for us) this year with probably a total of 2 weeks of ice. We rode for probably 3 days and I'm done with that crap for a while. We had +60 F the last 2 weekends and was it was NICE! Time for oil change.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Koopa
I live here in Oklahoma. Our winter USUALLY brings snow and ice once maybe twice a winter for 3 or 4 days total. We usually can't wait! We get some prime riding in. That said we had a serious winter (for us) this year with probably a total of 2 weeks of ice. We rode for probably 3 days and I'm done with that crap for a while. We had +60 F the last 2 weekends and was it was NICE! Time for oil change.
Nice....we don't get to really "ride" for months and months on end up here.

I guess it was a stupid question. Pretty much everybody on here loves to ride regardless of north or south.

What about the super hot and dry southern summers? Does it get too hot to ride in July and August?

Quick Reply: north vs. south