General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Redneck Rigging or Emergency Repairs ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redneck Rigging or Emergency Repairs ...

Call it what you will but it might be a good idea for a thread or forum on emergency trail repairs.

Last weekend my son and I were out riding and he blew a inner tierod end on his Kingquad. The question was how were we going to get it back to camp. Thought about it a little and we stood it up on the rear end to get easier access to the inner tierod, cut about a 12" piece of wire from a nearby fence and placing the outter tierod housing back on the pivot ball wrapped the wire around to hold it until we got back to camp. It held through the mud hols, creek and until I took it apart in the shop.

Share your Redneck fixes!!!!

Old 03-16-2010, 07:41 PM
I haven't been stuck since the last time!
Default Tie Rod End

Not quite the redneck fix that you used but the same situation...inner tie rod end on 08 Big Bear...did not move too well with front tires facing opposite directions...ended up using zip ties to hold the tie rod end together...worked for couple mile trip back to the truck...probably would have held up longer if I was willing to test it...

mudslinger2

Old 03-17-2010, 07:29 AM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

I had a battery die unexpectedly. My emergency tow rope was missing for an unknown reason. (Never did find it) So we sit and thought awhile. I remembered the old tale of the guy escaping prison by using a wet shirt to bend bars because, by wetting it strengthens it greatly. So I pee'd on my shirt and tied to the.....Kidding. We used my leather belt to tow to a clear area where we could do a rolling start.