General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Craigslist Shenanigans

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Craigslist Shenanigans

What's up with the a-holes on craigslist? Listed my monster 09 Sportsman on there because I want to get a RZR and some idiot keeps flagging my ad. Even put my # in there and challenged the person to call and verify it is legit. Also stated I will keep re-posting until it's sold or I change my mind on the RZR and keep it. This has happened to me a few times. Funny thing about it is my ads that do get flagged seem to happen when someone else is selling a similar item. Coincidence, I don't think so. Great that cl is free but it would be nice to put the smackdown on these people. Unfortunately, there is no recourse and good luck finding a link anywhere on the site to report issues. That's my Saturday rant!

Old 07-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I think you nailed it when you said a guy with a similar item. They're as bad as the guys who take your ad, put an outrageous low price, and advertise it elsewhere. My favorite was a guy selling a quad with palm trees all over the place in the background. Said he was from Maine. Had a good laugh over that one.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider

The guy actually called me today from a restricted #! Said I was asking too much, it's probably been abused, called me a "******" before hanging up, and then my ad got flagged again. Reported it to cl but not much they can do unless he was logged in while flagging.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

I love those people who make all these comments on the phone. Real brave. Better off not dealing with them. eBay is costly but I sold one of my quads to a guy in California for the full Buy it now price. I live in Mass.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider

I'm going to go the local route before trying ebay. Probably give it until the end of this week and then list it there.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a scammer here listing late model Sportsmans for cheap money every day. Different city every time. Wont answer my emails any more. Wants to ship it after he receives payment. I flag him every day.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

well i tell ya, you don't want to list an email address on CL! man, talk about spam, spam, and more spam. but i did get a lot of legit replies. it's a good thing i set up an extra email account just for that. but i ended up using the phone number, just too much spam, no calls at all. people just copy/pasted the "sale" reply and it took it straight to email. not sure if i'll do CL again.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:52 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Took me about 3 weeks of posting and reposting. Someone was flagging my ads too. Was a real pain in the butt, but knew eventually I'd sell it.

Part of me thinks it was someone with a similar item, then again I had a 13 year kid who never had a quad before wanting to buy my kfx400. Wouldn't sell it to him for 1300 less than I was asking (yeah, makes me an azz) and wouldn't sell it to him without talking to his parents.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

I once tried to sell some paintball gear on Craigslist. People kept flagging it because it was a "gun". Gasp! Oh, the horrors.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder

People like that need to be shot.

Quick Reply: Craigslist Shenanigans