General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Mass. stickers ????

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mass. stickers ????

Anyone else recieve their NEW atv stickers from Mass enviro..
What a waste of tax dollars They now tell us to throw the rear issued metal plate in the garbage [recycle] and install 2 new sticker numbers.
I wonder what rocket sceintist came up with this waste of money-stickers plus mailing expense- to all atv owners.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by DrZew
I wonder what rocket sceintist came up with this waste of money-stickers plus mailing expense- to all atv owners.
I heard Deval Patrick's cousin owns a sticker factory......

Old 04-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Range Rover

I'm guessing the new stickers make it easier to identify the vehicle? If you're riding illegally and have the plate on the back of the machine it's more difficult to get the plate #.

Just hypothesizing.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by dirtdame
I'm guessing the new stickers make it easier to identify the vehicle? If you're riding illegally and have the plate on the back of the machine it's more difficult to get the plate #.

Just hypothesizing.
I got mine earlier this week but havent put them on yet. This season, a large chunk of my riding area is either being developed or blocked up. I dont ride like a doosher, Im very respectful to the land and land owners, but I dont want my reg out in the wide open like that in the event someone wants to hassle me. I may stick it close to the black fenders on my machine to keep it legal, yet somewhat discrete.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:03 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speedeeEX
I got mine earlier this week but havent put them on yet. This season, a large chunk of my riding area is either being developed or blocked up. I dont ride like a doosher, Im very respectful to the land and land owners, but I dont want my reg out in the wide open like that in the event someone wants to hassle me. I may stick it close to the black fenders on my machine to keep it legal, yet somewhat discrete.

they are too big- I'll either just stick it on my yellow plate on the rear or on the left fender footwell area- there's no place to put it on the front of the renegade!

it's a really stupid design- would expect nothing less from mass-

Old 04-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Put the stickers on top of the front and rear fenders. Its legit because they are not covered but hard for others to see because they are on a horizontal surface facing up.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by jgar
Put the stickers on top of the front and rear fenders. Its legit because they are not covered but hard for others to see because they are on a horizontal surface facing up.
When you say on top of the front and rear fenders, do you mean the front and rear on one side or on opposite sides? The sticker with the expiration needs to be on the left side when you're sitting on the machine. But I cant remember if it specifically said where it needed to be.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by speedeeEX
When you say on top of the front and rear fenders, do you mean the front and rear on one side or on opposite sides? The sticker with the expiration needs to be on the left side when you're sitting on the machine. But I cant remember if it specifically said where it needed to be.
http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/a...2/400ex6-1.jpg
Look at my rear fender on the right side. That little white spot is my nh sticker. Its on the right side of the atv, where everyone can see it. But because its on a horizontal surface when I ride by you could never really see the numbers on the tag.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

It's pretty obvious that someone/group in MA state has a hair across their *** for ATV's and they are just thinking up ways to make it so difficult to ride legally that people will just quit riding. I'm really amazed at the different attitudes toward ATV's from state to state. Some states let you register with the DMV and on the other end of the spectrum you can't even ride on your own property. I'd like to get all the legislators together and ask them to please explain why this is!

Old 04-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

I have been riding trails in MA since 1986. Us offroaders have always been a target. Public land colsings, DEP enforcement, Demonization by Envirowackos........it never ends.

But, who cares? We are still riding. And we rarely get hassled. If stickers make them happy, I'll put them on there somewhere. I've seen one DEP in my life so I really think its all bluster. I'd love to see them take me to court because I had the stickers in the wrong place....

Now, if we could just get a state government shut-down we'd be on to something!

Quick Reply: Mass. stickers ????