General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Kid ATV certification questions-FL

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kid ATV certification questions-FL

I'm interested in purchasing an ATV for my 10 year old and I'd like for her friends to be able to ride it too. I was under the impression that the kids under 16 had to take an approved rider certification course in FL but when I contacted the ATV Safety Institute the guy on the phone there told me that they only need to complete the online certification to be legal. I'd like for them all to be able to have hands on instruction from someone who knows what they're doing(not me), but it's looking kind of tough with only one ATV for them to use and their different schedules. I'd be interested in contacting a certified instructor to have them come to my house when I could arrange for them all to be there but they Safety Institute doesn't give numbers out for any of the instructors.
Does anyone know if this is correct that the online course would be sufficient to at least make them legal?
Has anyone ever hired someone to do private group instruction like I was hoping to do?