General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Ethics Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 08:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Ethics Question

I purchased a 4 wheeler and after getting it home I wanted to get some info. off of it so I searched for the VIN/Serial # and could not find it. After multiple searches and internet location searches I have determined it must have been taken off. I looked under the front, under the rear, on all exposed frame parts except under the very bottom of the bike. I found the engine # but have been told that will not give me anything.

what should I do.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:43 PM
I haven't been stuck since the last time!

What make/model is it? Does it have a title with it? Someone may be able to give vin location if they know what you have! On Yamahas it is usually stamped into the fram behind left front wheel...just a thought!

Old 07-18-2013, 09:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default No Title

No title not required in my state I got a bill of sale but that has no serial numbers or any numbers other than seller's address and name. According to previous owner it is a 1987 Honda fourtrax TRX 250. I looked under the front on the crossbar, I have looked under the rear by the exhaust and near the battery, I have looked on both sides under the seat on the frame and looked on the frame around the engine. I have not removed any plastic in the back and I have not crawled under to look on bottom.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:06 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Not my pictures, so can't help make them clearer. 86-87 vin numbers should be back on the subframe.

Look where the lower sub frame is covering the bottom part of the shock.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

that looks like a sports model I went out and checked again and still nothing. According to my owners manual the number is under the front on a cross bar and that bar is has been tampered with and repainted if you get my point. I have he engine # and am weighing my options with that if I contact Honda to get the vin using the engine number and the ATV is stolen I lose the ATV but is I don;t have the VIN then it makes getting parts difficult since there are like 4 different models with the TRX250 tag. I figure mine is the plan jane TRX250 Fourtrax utility.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:02 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Originally Posted by bigge_al
I purchased a 4 wheeler and after getting it home I wanted to get some info. off of it so I searched for the VIN/Serial # and could not find it. After multiple searches and internet location searches I have determined it must have been taken off. I looked under the front, under the rear, on all exposed frame parts except under the very bottom of the bike. I found the engine # but have been told that will not give me anything.

what should I do.
Ride it.
I have put thousands of miles on ATVs and never looked at the VIN/Serial # stamped on the machine also.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:13 AM
Dune Rider
Which one of you is Pink?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I side with TLC...ride it.
Being an 87 TRX it could have been re-worked....or it could be stolen.
I'd take a shot on it being modified.......................................... ......

Old 07-20-2013, 03:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I had a 87 trx 250. The vin was stamped in the front cross member.
Considering the age and type of the machine just ride it.