General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Trouble installing Eagle plow.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 05:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble installing Eagle plow.

Let me say upfront that once my brother and I got it mounted it works really great. I ordered a Eagle plow from Thor at The ATV SUPER STORE with the EST. It came in four boxes over 4 or 5 days. Now I'm one of those guys that lays everything out and try's and get an idea how something goes together before I even look at the instructions. Well when I did finally look for the paper work I was surprised to find all the was was a small booklet on putting the spring and eye bolts on the blade. Which was the easies part of the whole process. So I call the number on the EST box and told the operator about the missing instructions to which she replied ''they do that all the time'' She took my email address and sent a booklet for me to print off at home. After that I still had to call Thor a couple of times and have him send me a couple of pictures to make sure we had it right. While I had him on the phone he mentioned that he was putting one together as we spoke I told him it would be nice if he had someone shoot a video of it while he put it together and either make a CD to send out with the plow or post it on YouTube. He just blew that idea off and said once you do it you see how easy it is. My point was I'm only planning on doing it once. I'm not putting Thor down I'm just saying that even with the instructions such as they were it was no cake walk putting this thing together. And I still think a CD or online video would make it so much easier. JUSTABANGER

Old 12-23-2013, 07:25 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

at least your instructions were wight.. When i got my outdoor shelter and installing the roof sections. 1 Of the sections did not look right to me. i double checked with the instructions several times and even had a few other people look. we installed them as per instructions and picture. but guess what its wrong. i have looked at several of the bigger units and they are installed the other direction. Hopefully it lasts until warm weather so i can dissemble it and fix it.
I swear sometimes these guys just sit in a office and make up the instructions and never lay a hand on the product

Old 12-26-2013, 04:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

still working on my number of posts ;-)

Old 01-02-2014, 11:19 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One the ETS is installed it is the cats meow! Cuts the plowing time down with the aid of that 2K power turn motor. The ETS is a straight forward install but it would have been easier if they sent the instructions in the box! :-) It can only be mounted one way since it replaces part of the original turn system and becomes part of the push tub both on the front and mid mount. Glad you were able to get everything figured out with the install and that the pictures we emailed you helped. It is so nice to be able to help customers both on the phone and via email with questions since we do test & use the products we sell on our store site. We even mounted on up on our RZRS! Thanks again for the business and happy plowing! Thor

Power Turn System for plow