General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Roketa 110cc quad won't start or idle

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 10:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roketa 110cc quad won't start or idle

I bought 2 Roketa 110cc gas powered quads for both my boys 6 yrs ago. they didn't get to ride them but maybe 10 to 15 hours total then they were put on their dad's car port and not road for quite a while. from there they were placed in a storage unit where they stayed until 2 months ago. due to financial issues I decided I needed to sell the quads. when their dad went to get them from the storage unit, my youngest son wouldn't start or idle. this hadn't been a problem when they were new. after multiple attempts adjusting several things that I really am not sure of, a friend of his said he needed to take the carburetor apart and clean the fuel jets. after he cleaned the Jets the quad started. he brought it to my apartment where it set for a month. when I went to show it to a prospective buyer, it again wouldn't start. there was an exception a few instances when he was able to get it to run and write it for a short time but only with the choke wide open. we spent several hours the other day trying to get it to idle and run we added fuel treatment we adjusted the idle and the throttle but had no luck and after getting extremely frustrated their father said he'd look at it later. I need to sell it so I took it upon myself to do a little research a little adjusting and surprisingly enough got the quad to start and idle, however now it is pouring white smoke that smells rich from the exhaust, something it didn't do previously. I'm a woman with very little mechanic experience but I'm a very quick learner and I'm asking for anyone's feedback on what the cause(s) might be and what I could do to try and fix this issue so I can get this quad sold!!! I would really appreciate any assistance, PLEASE HELP THIS CHIC PROVE MYSELF!!!!!

Old 12-12-2015, 09:54 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

When the carbs were rebuilt did you replace the fuel lines and clean the tank? What has probably happened is with the fresh gas in the tank all the varnish and crap from the old dried up gas has went back into the carb and plugged everything up again. So now you will probably have to clean the carbs again, i would replace fuel line, and shake the tank around with fuel in it and dump it out,

Old 12-14-2015, 12:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Zrock
When the carbs were rebuilt did you replace the fuel lines and clean the tank? What has probably happened is with the fresh gas in the tank all the varnish and crap from the old dried up gas has went back into the carb and plugged everything up again. So now you will probably have to clean the carbs again, i would replace fuel line, and shake the tank around with fuel in it and dump it out,
Thank you Zrock for replying....I was beginning to feel like getting any assistance was hopeless!!! in response to ur question, NO, the carburetor has not been cleaned a 2nd time for fear that I might really screw something up!!!! But its really reassuring to know that I'm at least thinking the right way because despite having little experience in this area of expertise, removing the carburetor and cleaning it was going to be my next obstacle!!!! So, it sounds like I'll be pulling a carburetor today!!! If you have any words of advice for someone in my situation I would be more than happy to hear them!!!! Wish me luck!!!!!!!

Old 12-14-2015, 12:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Zrock
I had another quick question, if he put the carb slide back in the wrong direction could this be the cause of the problems that I'm having or would it not run at all if he had put it back together incorrectly?

Old 12-14-2015, 02:22 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

If the slide was in backwards it would have had issues from the start.
Rebuilding carbs is easy. Just give yourself a nice area to work and lay everything out as you take it apart.