General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

What's your longest single day ride?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2016 | 11:08 AM
TLC
|
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Default What's your longest single day ride?

Last weekend we did 155 mile on a single ride on a rough not in use old logging roads, 50 miles do to being lost. I still have not healed .I'm still stiff.

Always bring more gas then you think you need is something we found out the hard way.

Old 05-28-2016 | 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by TLC
Last weekend we did 155 mile on a single ride on a rough not in use old logging roads, 50 miles do to being lost. I still have not healed .I'm still stiff.

Always bring more gas then you think you need is something we found out the hard way.
That distance of riding wood be hard on me as well. Usually takes 3 days for me to ride that kind of distance...especially if some of the ride is really fast paced.....

Old 05-28-2016 | 11:28 AM
TLC
|
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

These road were not maintained for yeas and had many rough spots (washouts) to look out for but you could safely do 25 mph on average. A guy tried to follow with his truck but it was rougher for him and he smartly turn back early.

Old 05-29-2016 | 12:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

We went about that far in one weekend at Land Between the Lakes in Kentucky. It was a 3 day Labor day weekend so I'm not sure how far each day. I think about 75 miles is about the farthest I've rode in one day, basically an entire tank of fuel. I used to do a lot of night riding so many times we'd start earlier in the day and ride until really late. I remember once quitting at like 2 am so a lot of miles were logged that day. Anymore, if I go 15 miles in a single ride that's pretty far. I rode for about 1 1/2 hours yesterday and only went 11 miles. I probably will visit someplace different tomorrow and ride farther than that but probably still under 50 miles. I'll probably just fill the quad full before I go and I will most likely use most of a tank of fuel. The last 2 days riding combined have been 26 miles and according the the fuel gage, its used almost 1/2 tank. That 650 v-twin is sure a thirsty beast. May not be that accurate but I would guess about 60-65 miles out of the 4.8 gallon tank, which is about what the Grizzly got as well and it had 1/2 gallon bigger fuel capacity.

Old 05-29-2016 | 12:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by greg74
We went about that far in one weekend at Land Between the Lakes in Kentucky. It was a 3 day Labor day weekend so I'm not sure how far each day. I think about 75 miles is about the farthest I've rode in one day, basically an entire tank of fuel. I used to do a lot of night riding so many times we'd start earlier in the day and ride until really late. I remember once quitting at like 2 am so a lot of miles were logged that day.
Greg, I doubt you can go that distance now with the BF 650....on a single tank of fuel. LOL My P700 will go about 40 miles...then I'm running on fumes....

Old 05-29-2016 | 12:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I guess I'll find out. That seems a bit low. Maybe the 700 has a smaller fuel tank? The 75 miles I don't think was done on one tank either but the other Grizzly I had years ago got better mileage than the last one I had. I think 50-55 miles would have been the max it would have went on a single tank. I guess I better bring some extra fuel with me along with starting with a full tank. The Grizzly had a reserve tank when you got low, the BF lacks that. In fact, this is the first quad I have ever owned that didn't have a fuel shut-off valve on it. If it does, I don't know where it is anyway. Maybe efi quads don't either but I have never owned a quad with efi.

Old 05-29-2016 | 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by greg74
I guess I'll find out. That seems a bit low. Maybe the 700 has a smaller fuel tank? The 75 miles I don't think was done on one tank either but the other Grizzly I had years ago got better mileage than the last one I had. I think 50-55 miles would have been the max it would have went on a single tank. I guess I better bring some extra fuel with me along with starting with a full tank. The Grizzly had a reserve tank when you got low, the BF lacks that. In fact, this is the first quad I have ever owned that didn't have a fuel shut-off valve on it. If it does, I don't know where it is anyway. Maybe efi quads don't either but I have never owned a quad with efi.
The twins are very thirsty. And yes, your tank may be a little larger than my P700 tank as your bike is 5 years newer than mine, but my tank is 4.5 gals. At 40 miles, I'm down to one bar....and sometimes flashing "0" bars....LOL, and have about 1/2 gal remaining. My bike is in perfect tune....anyway, you might want to take a little extra fuel....just to be safe...
PS I believe your bike has a petcock. Look under the seat.

Old 05-29-2016 | 04:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default Might have everyone beat! lol

Would work hard all day in building construction business Fri.
Get home at 5 pm with van loaded w/ atv's! Head up north, 5 hr. trip (I-75) head to grocery store for provision then out to camp to set up, when ''adrenaline'' set in ''so bad'' stop everything to ''start quads'' ''lights on at 12am in morning'' and ride till dawn to just grab a bite to eat and back out until lunch again just a bite then finally pass out at dusk and start the ride all over again before daybreak to do it all over again, until Sun around 3 ish (sometimes later) and head home! Makes for a long weekend that way! lol ''NO SLEEP'' That's ok, did it again next weekend and every weekend all summer and all winter near home, many nights till 1am and up early, off to work ''happy'' as a man can be!! Still do it when possible! Call when your ready!! 4-tracker Steve

Old 05-29-2016 | 11:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Fasteratv
The twins are very thirsty. And yes, your tank may be a little larger than my P700 tank as your bike is 5 years newer than mine, but my tank is 4.5 gals. At 40 miles, I'm down to one bar....and sometimes flashing "0" bars....LOL, and have about 1/2 gal remaining. My bike is in perfect tune....anyway, you might want to take a little extra fuel....just to be safe...
PS I believe your bike has a petcock. Look under the seat.
4.8 gallons for the BF so slightly more I guess. Ill look under the seat to see if it has a petcock under there. Seems like an odd place to put it but I guess it works. It doesn't seem to leak any fuel anyway, that's the reason most people turn their fuel off in the first place. Never really had a need to try to turn it off. I'm estimating I could get 50 miles out of a full tank but it could gobble up the last bit a little faster. I'm sure the newer 750 efi models get much better fuel economy. After 45-50 miles, I'd be ready to take a break to stop and refuel anyway.

Old 05-30-2016 | 04:07 AM
Trailblazer

I rode 65 miles last week.
Refueled after 34 miles.
All I could do to squeeze in 4 litres.
With my tank at 20.5 L (5.4 US Gal) I should be able to get a range close to 150 miles be conservative.
After fuel light appears I should still have 35 miles left.

Quick Reply: What's your longest single day ride?