General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Mexican Food

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017 | 07:31 AM
|
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by scootergptx
For being canned, these are pretty darned good beans.

It's like canned awesomeness!

Too bad there isn't a fart smiley.

Old 05-03-2017 | 09:56 AM
Pro Rider

Love Mexican food! Something about being trapped on a desert island and only 1 kind of food... I'd pick Mexican food. So many different regional variations too.

BTW, New Mexico freshly roasted Hatch green chile dishes rate very high up there as well!!! The smell of opening the plastic bag after a couple of hours of those Hatch chiles steaming after being roasted is heaven.

Old 05-03-2017 | 10:45 AM
|
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by RedRocket204
Love Mexican food! Something about being trapped on a desert island and only 1 kind of food... I'd pick Mexican food. So many different regional variations too.

BTW, New Mexico freshly roasted Hatch green chile dishes rate very high up there as well!!! The smell of opening the plastic bag after a couple of hours of those Hatch chiles steaming after being roasted is heaven.
Hatch Chiles....love them.

True story: My father in law, who's Mexican, loves hot stuff and makes his own salsa, or he calls it Chile. I should probably can the stuff and sell it, but anyway, He had a freezer full of Hatch chiles. The regular kind, and I think there is one called Dynamite.

Well, he accidentally grabbed the Dynamite and used the same quantity of chiles as he would with the regular kind. He called me up, "Man I got the wrong chiles for the salsa. I got the Dynamite kind and now I burned my too too off."

I died laughing.

Old 05-03-2017 | 10:46 AM
Moto Psycho

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
The top review at that site says, "This makes a very nice pot of beans but technically they are NOT Borracho Beans. Borracho in Spanish means "drunk" and these beans have no beer in them." I don't know if they're charro beans or something else but I would probably like them without beer. No borracho beans for me.

Old 05-03-2017 | 10:53 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
The top review at that site says, "This makes a very nice pot of beans but technically they are NOT Borracho Beans. Borracho in Spanish means "drunk" and these beans have no beer in them." I don't know if they're charro beans or something else but I would probably like them without beer. No borracho beans for me.
I've had both charro and borracho beans and to be honest with you I never noticed much difference between them.12 ounces of beer gets swallowed up by all the other ingredients in a big pot of beans.

Old 05-03-2017 | 11:03 AM
Moto Psycho

I've had both charro and borracho beans and to be honest with you I never noticed much difference between them.12 ounces of beer gets swallowed up by all the other ingredients in a big pot of beans.
Then why bother putting it in there?

Old 05-03-2017 | 11:16 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

That's the beauty of cooking with beer.

The wife makes our chicken fried steak with Shiner Bock now. Takes 1 beer. Buy a 12 pack, I get the leftovers.

Old 05-03-2017 | 11:27 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
Then why bother putting it in there?
Depends on the beer too. A watery light beer isn't going to add much flavor.

A dark beer or a bock will add a lot more flavor.

Old 05-03-2017 | 04:21 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Wife and I had our 46th anniversary on the 1st,her birthday is on the 6th,guess what we're going to eat tonight... I've got plenty of Rolaids

Old 05-03-2017 | 11:00 PM
Moto Psycho

Good Mexican food is well worth the heartburn. A doctor once told me not to eat anything greasy or spicy because of my hiatal hernia. He said there's a hole in my diaphragm where my stomach tries to push up into my chest. I get heartburn a lot but other than that I'm good.