General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Real Tall

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 01:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Real Tall

Greetings,

I am looking to get an ATV, but not sure what I should get. I have little experience on one. I have plenty of experience on dirt bikes.

I am 7' tall and looking to ride up in the mountains of east Tennessee. What ATV should I look into?

Thank you for your time

Old 05-04-2017, 03:42 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take a look at the Touring models. I think you can take the passenger seat off a couple of them and just have one long seat.
2017 Sportsman Touring 850 SP ATV | Polaris
https://can-am.brp.com/off-road/atv/outlander.html
https://www.arcticcat.com/dirt/atvs/...ra-trv-700-xt/

Old 05-04-2017, 04:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks I am looking into this now.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I'm only a short 6'3" tall. I also recommend one of the bigger quads. Can-Am Outlander Max or Polaris Touring. That extra length works better for me than a single rider machine.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:06 PM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Can Am Outlander Max has a 59" wheelbase. The passenger seat comes of in about 15 seconds. However, there are metal "bars" that the seat latches onto that are not for sitting on. Can Am provides a "glove box" that is supposed to be installed in this area protecting the rider's rear end from the metal parts. Maybe there is an aftermarket "seat" that would work to cover up the passenger seat mechanism and provide comfortable sitting for a TALL person.

Polaris and Arctic Cat also make long wheelbase machines. Take a look at them too.

David

Old 05-04-2017, 11:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not sure any of them will really "fit" you. It will probably come down to which one feels the least cramped. Go sit on a few machines and pick the one that feels the best. On most of them, the handlebars can be adjusted so that might help a bit too.

Old 05-05-2017, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Coleman ATV Rear Padded-Bottom Bag Seat Cushion For Quads New Free Shipping USA | eBay

This might work to go over the factory box that replaces the passenger seat enough to provide cushioning.

Old 05-05-2017, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

Look at the Arctic Cat TRV models, if you can find one. My AC 700 diesel feels huge to me, I'm only 6 feet tall, though. What I like is it has lots of foot space and the standard seat lets you set back pretty far, having the foot rests molded in for the passenger give gobs of room for your legs. Here is a pic, think the Can Am and Polaris are similar. Wife plowing snow, haha, but you can see how much room behind her. Definitely look at a "Two Rider " model.

Attached Thumbnails Real Tall-p1010179.jpg