General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Least noisy ATV on the market?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 12:02 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 12-31-2017, 05:43 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zrock
Interesting... personally i hate the design i would destroy that the first day out due to its mount location. Looks like it reviews well

Don't know what your listing to but all the guys we ride with that have their stock pipes on we can leave all the machines running and easily hold a conversation. Even riding we are not loud.. Now those guys with the performance pipes and have it pinned at all times are just a joke. Iv chased a few down and told them to have a little respect as we were on private property. They sounded like a V8 with open pipes..
When LooseDirt said he was going to add a silencer I didn't think it would make much difference what ATV he put it on, it should be quiet enough.

I have to agree with you about all quads being too loud. I can barely hear mine at all while I'm riding. It's as much feel as sound, and just enough to know that it's running. We can all have our quads idling and carry on a conversion like you said, but there is one loud one in the group. He has a racing pipe on a Raptor 700 and it's so loud it's stupid. At an idle you can feel the exhaust blowing on you from farther back than you would think you could. And when he punches the gas you can hear him for a long way like Yooper265 said. Anyone else you don't hear until they're close enough you can see them.

Old 12-31-2017, 05:59 PM
Range Rover

A certain RPM is needed to keep a CVT/centrifugal clutch engaged where with a manual transmission you can often run at a low RPM and low throttle opening, making it quieter.

Old 12-31-2017, 07:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm amazed that some say ATVs aren't loud. To my ears they are very loud, especially when riding.

Old 01-01-2018, 12:14 AM
Moto Psycho

Stock 4-stroke ATVs just don't sound loud to me, but my lawn mower does. I used to wear earplugs when I mowed but don't anymore. I'm sure I have a very slight hearing loss like many other people in their mid-50s, but it can't be too bad. My speakers on the computer are turned way down, and when I turn up the volume to watch a movie it's still only about 1/3 volume. And I only have my TV turned up 1/4 of the way or less unless I'm eating something crunchy. Loudness is in the ear of the beholder.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

Here's a good article on the muffler silencers.

Silence is Golden - Experience Powersports - Honda Powersports

Old 01-03-2018, 12:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I guess maybe I'm just used to the noise. My Brute Force is a little loud but my stock exhaust has a hole in it which im sure makes it a bit louder. But only really noticeable when I'm hard on the throttle and that's usually only a few seconds at a time. If I'm just cruising, its not that loud. Its nothing compared to other machines I've heard with aftermarket exhausts on them, they are annoyingly loud. If you really must have quiet, the silencer is probably the way to go. But like Zrock said, the one in the video probably wouldn't last very long with me either. One weekend and it would probably get destroyed, especially since it appears it sticks out past the fenders. I'd end up clipping a tree and ripping it off.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:06 PM
Moto Psycho

Game animals that are used to the sound of ATVs don't spook easily. One time I rode right up to a flock of turkeys. They weren't moving off the trail so I shut the engine off and waited for them to walk away. Many people see deer or other animals on the trail that won't run away from the sound but will run at the sight of you.

Old 05-15-2018, 10:31 PM
Moto Psycho

I think it was the night before last that I was taking my pills and dropped one, and I heard it hit the carpet. Twice. I was really surprised how loud it actually sounded, and that I heard it hit again after it bounced. The first thing I thought was, I guess my ears aren't too bad. Then I thought about this thread, and still don't think most ATVs with stock exhausts are very loud.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The King Quad I have now just sitting and idling is very quiet. Sounds like a Honda. Its much quieter than the Brute Force was when moving too, the cvt on the Brute Force made a lot more noise whining at speed. My hearing might not be what it once was either, 19 years at my factory job with all the noise in there has probably caused some hearing loss. We have the option of wearing ear plugs but I need full hearing to be able to hear all the potential dangers around me. You get used to talking over the machines even if someone is just a few feet away. Or singing, as I do often at work. Whatever it takes to get through the day.

Quick Reply: Least noisy ATV on the market?