General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Need buddy/friend over 50 for up north michigan trail riding companion

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Need buddy/friend over 50 for up north michigan trail riding companion

Need buddy/friend over 50 for up north michigan trail riding companion for camping, outdoor cooking, diners. Have kids to go with but most of the time their too busy. My areas to ride are around st Helens, Mio. Been camping, riding there since 86 with our first Honda 200sx quad that i presently own, but have had many since with my newest Honda trx450r just bought. I have a van for hauling w/trailer if needed and camping equipment. I always share in expenses equally. If your interested or know of someone get back with me and lets ride!! Thanks Steve

Ps I have a spare quad but there's a cost to rent for days used, but could be refunded if bought.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:46 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I only ride with my friends around Mio, but they have a cabin there and aren't really into camping out. But I hope someone takes you up on your offer. Sometimes I see threads like this in the where to ride section and people get together, or at least try to. Maybe you can make an ATV connection there. https://atvconnection.com/forums/where-ride/

Old 04-26-2018, 07:16 AM
Pro Rider
Default Thanks heading up to mio next weekend with new sand paddles

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
I only ride with my friends around Mio, but they have a cabin there and aren't really into camping out. But I hope someone takes you up on your offer. Sometimes I see threads like this in the where to ride section and people get together, or at least try to. Maybe you can make an ATV connection there. https://atvconnection.com/forums/where-ride/
Thanks heading up to mio next weekend with new sand paddles! Dig the sand! lol

Old 04-26-2018, 08:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Its too bad that pretty much none of us live very close to each other. It would be cool if we could get a group together at least once a year for a big ride somewhere.

Old 04-26-2018, 08:27 AM
Pro Rider

I've met 2 other friends by using these forums! The only problem is they rarely ride or have other important activities. My old salesman employer said the more sh.. you through at the wall the more is going to stick! lol Isn't it ironic though that some of my best trail buddies were ones i knew personally at work or neighbors, yet trying to find that right friend using the world wide web? go figure! I'll keep throwing it out there! lol

Old 04-26-2018, 09:26 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Have you checked your local FB clubs and groups?

Old 04-26-2018, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

I have before and will possibly try again, but I really don't want to follow their group practices. I get along better with just myself and a friend or small group and camp and ride around the Rose city hills areas that I'm very familiar with, along with the campgrounds there. Works for me better, with so many great memories there too. Love it up there!

Old 04-26-2018, 11:27 AM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish I lived in your area, I'm in the same boat with trying to get riding buddies. The one person I ride with the most...(4-5 times a year)...only likes to ride for a couple hours then is ready to head home. One of the nephews bought an Outlander 1000 2 years ago. He still hasn't gone riding with me yet.

Old 04-26-2018, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

Don't you hate that! It take 4 1/2 hrs to get up north, then a few hrs to get situated with setting up everything, then to have someone not interested in riding, ready to pick up and head home after a short ride for just any lame reason! lol Happened many times before! Butt when it works with the right person it's the greatest time ever with great memories of the trip! It's just finding that right connection! I'm not one to ride alone for so many reasons, so i wait until my kids are ready or the friends happen to find time.

Old 04-26-2018, 12:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I ride alone a lot too. If I do ride in a group, I do prefer a smaller group, maybe 3 or 4. The bigger the group, the slower the pace. I don't ride like I'm competing in a hare scramble usually but I don't like pace so slow that it could be a parade either. Going too slow just bores me. I like to keep a nice brisk pace. I basically ride as fast as the terrain will allow me safely to do so while still feeling in control. I actually recently rode with a couple guys at a local park and I found myself struggling to keep up. One on a sport quad and the other on an enduro bike and I had to hussle to keep up with the leader on the sport quad. The guy on the bike had his street tires on and kept sliding on the slicker spots and kept about the same pace I did. My utility machine just couldn't corner that fast but I would catch up on the straighter parts. Its the first time in a long time that I was with a group that rode faster than me.

Quick Reply: Need buddy/friend over 50 for up north michigan trail riding companion