General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

What Holster Are You Using

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 07:46 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Holster Are You Using

I thought about picking up a Serpa but I am concerned about dirt getting into the lock mechanism. What is everyone else carrying in besides their pocket or saddlebag.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:05 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Serpa for my Glock M36 .45.

So far no worries.

Old 09-30-2018, 04:08 PM
Trailblazer

I carry a revolvers, so concerned but not as much as you guys. I carry simply rugged. More options now, but I think prices have gone up. I make a point to keep t-shirt or shirt over. Should help dirt.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:17 PM
THE BERMINATOR

Revolvers have more places for dust and dirt to get in than pistols do. Any kind of oil will attract dust and dirt that can jam up either one if it's bad enough. If you're riding someplace that's always dusty you should consider using a dry lubricant instead of oil. So far I haven't heard of a holster getting jammed from dirt.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:30 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Big Frank
So far I haven't heard of a holster getting jammed from dirt.
Huh? Not sure what the heck you are getting at.

I do take my side plate off once in awhile. Sure you can argue a revolver can get dirty too, but you can't argue that semi autos are less susceptible. Either way I keep my shirt over it. My holsters cover the trigger to help keep out dust. Plus I don't believe in safeties. Which Glocks don't have anyways.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:49 PM
THE BERMINATOR

Originally Posted by Zerk
Huh? Not sure what the heck you are getting at.

I do take my side plate off once in awhile. Sure you can argue a revolver can get dirty too, but you can't argue that semi autos are less susceptible. Either way I keep my shirt over it. My holsters cover the trigger to help keep out dust. Plus I don't believe in safeties. Which Glocks don't have anyways.
What's not to get? I haven't heard of dirt getting in the lock of a Serpa holster like the OP mentioned, or any other retention holster for that matter, getting jammed from dirt. That's what I meant when I said, "So far I haven't heard of a holster getting jammed from dirt." If you still don't understand, read the first post again.

As for the other thing, revolvers do have a lot more holes than semi-autos that dirt can get into. If you can prove me wrong on that I'll gladly trade in all my semi-autos for revolvers, just as soon as I find one that can take 15 and 20 round mags in .45 ACP.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:15 PM
Trailblazer

I never said holsters were an issue. So I guess you need to learn to read.

Old 10-02-2018, 12:55 AM
THE BERMINATOR

Originally Posted by Zerk
I never said holsters were an issue. So I guess you need to learn to read.
I know how to read. Your reading comprehension on the other hand is highly questionable.

You quoted me saying, "So far I haven't heard of a holster getting jammed from dirt.", to which you replied, "Huh? Not sure what the heck you are getting at." So I explained that it was concerning the original post in the thread.

Go back and read your own post, as many times as it takes. You'll get it eventually. Maybe.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:27 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.

I have a S&W M&P .45 and I'm having a tough time finding the right (the one i want) shoulder holster for it. Didn't think it would be that difficult.

A friend told me that a company will custom make one for any gun. I'll have to ask him again who it is.

Old 10-02-2018, 09:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blade-Tech. It's friction retention.

Quick Reply: What Holster Are You Using