ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (https://atvconnection.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50 (https://atvconnection.com/forums/general-chat/377864-michigan-need-riding-friend-buddy-over-50-a.html)

Specta 01-18-2019 06:32 AM

KQ are great ATVs.

I had to replace my stator and fuel pump at right close to 8000 miles. About $4-500 all together.

I'm still happy with my BF.

https://i.postimg.cc/W1Ccsv7B/IMG-4547.jpg

I doubt that I'll be going for a ride today. ;)

4-tracker 01-18-2019 06:50 AM

Hooking up plow with upwards of 5'' expected and possible higher drifts, I'm hoping!

Kymco 450i 01-18-2019 10:27 AM

I can see Steve now, just sittin there at the window waiting for that first inch of snow to fall so he can run out to plow it off....lol. Just think if you do get 5", you might get to plow 5 times! Lol...

4-tracker 01-18-2019 10:45 AM

OR MORE TIMES!! AND IF IT STARTS BLOWING BACK ON FRESHLY PLOWED DRIVEWAY....WELL I'LL JUST HAVE TO GO OVER IT AGAIN.... AND THEN I COULD GO OUT IN THE YARD AND PLOW IT BACK ON, THEN PLOW IT BACK OFF!! MAYBE I CAN BORROW THE NEIGHBORS SNOW AND MAKE A MOUNTAIN IN THE BACK YARD AND MAKE TRAILS UP IN THERE! LOL Don't laugh but when the kids were still in school, I built a toboggan run from the top of the house down into pool area, where it would send them in a circle around the sides!! So don't put anything past me!! lol

Kymco 450i 01-18-2019 11:57 AM

When I first had my plow on my Praire I plowed the yard into a hugh snow pile so the kids and grandkids could build a giant snow fort. It was so big it lasted much of the winter . Also plowed the ice on the pond for ice skating, almost done when we noticed the entire pond surface was tipping when the atv got close to the edge. Sort of riding on a giant ice cube...scared the crap out of me...never plowed the pond again! I have plowed excess snow into the pond so it wouldnt create puddles in the yard when it melted .

greg74 01-18-2019 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Specta (Post 3411046)
KQ are great ATVs.

I had to replace my stator and fuel pump at right close to 8000 miles. About $4-500 all together.

I'm still happy with my BF.

https://i.postimg.cc/W1Ccsv7B/IMG-4547.jpg

I doubt that I'll be going for a ride today. ;)

If I could have found a good deal on a used BF 750, I would have gotten one. That's another one that was on my list. Outlander 650 or 800 too but all of those used were still more than I wanted to spend. I actually almost considered buying a new Yamaha Kodiak 700 but just didn't want to spend that much. They were selling them new locally for about $5500 for the base model.

4-tracker 01-18-2019 03:01 PM

The price of my 2017 KQ750 bought new last Oct was $5999, but 2019 base price now , is over $10,000. I guess that was a good time to just happen to be in the market for any 4x4, since I didn't know one from another, and still really don't! I just happen to see their ad in a trader mag. while at the local dinner and drove right there, bought it and brought it home, knowing absolutely nothing about it, but at the time I figured for that price I could always sell it for what I had paid for it if I didn't like it.lol I always had the sporty quads 2 and 4 stroke 20 in all, and always considered 4x4's an old mans deer hauler, but now that I've had a chance to try this one out, you couldn't give me twice the price, I paid for it, Its like driving a tank on steroids, but smooth and comfortable as a Cadillac, quick as a deer, Strong as bull, climbs like a goat, stops on a dime....most of the time without using the breaks, in fact I really cant remember using the brakes at all...well it could be that I never slowed down long enough to find out lol I was that thrilled with the performance! Where as with the TRX450r I also have, its fast, quick, lite but suspension is horrible, when it comes to the billions of tiny ruts, on the gravel roads/trails, that will jar your eye teeth loose, there no joke, and after a long hard days ride, then add a few more days out most trips, your beat to death! But you'll sleep like a log!! They still had one left 2 months ago for same price at the dealer where I bought mine, but its gone now, and also their new 750's are over 10k. crazy difference in price for practically the same model.
We've never lost any money when buying our atv's since bought mostly used, but in real good condition, proven by all the years put on them, hard riding, little maintenance, I guess we were just lucky! And with this new atv bought for so little, it should sell for what I paid for it in years to come.

greg74 01-18-2019 04:12 PM

That's a great deal on a new KQ 750. Leftover new models are where the deals are.

Specta 01-18-2019 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by 4-tracker (Post 3411047)
Hooking up plow with upwards of 5'' expected and possible higher drifts, I'm hoping!

If we would have ended up with 5" I'd be heading out to work in a couple of hours. I'm hoping for more tonight.

Only a 30% chance tonight for just a skiff.

Big Frank 01-19-2019 12:05 AM

Between Friday night and Saturday I'm expecting an inch or two of snow total, but no more than that. As if the weatherman really knows. But it's close to a 100% chance so we'll get something.