General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

John Deere Gator Vs. Polaris Ranger...which is best?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 01:26 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default John Deere Gator Vs. Polaris Ranger...which is best?

put the ranger up against the kubota diesel and then make a opinion.... its got as much hp as my 2500 series tractor.... the only thing the rtv is missing is a frontend loader

Old 06-14-2005, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

Your over estimating that lil diesel, This is coming from a Kubota owner for 12 years now. Its Good on a tractor, but Thats it. It does NOT make more HP than the Ranger. The benefit being ,if your already running alot of diesel equipment or near a Kubota dealer, the Kubota makes sense.

Old 06-16-2005, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

Ranger

Old 06-19-2005, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider

i was gonna go to a side by side and well i decided to wait a year but i researched them all and decided on the rhino for my personal needs. but ask me again next year at this time to see where i am at. lol i think i know where i am at and they haven't released it yet.

Old 11-29-2008, 08:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default John Deere Gator Vs. Polaris Ranger...which is best?"></title><script src=

This discussion predates the new EFI models. I agree that there is no bad machines out there for the most part, but I'm in the military and have had the "pleasure" of maintaining a fleet of 14 2008 6x6's, and for our use, the old 6x4 Gators wins hands down due to reliability. These were put into service 22May08, and 8 no longer run due to EFI problems. I've had to resort to buying the Digital Wrench computer to try to overcome all the encountered problems; mostly bogging, backfiring, erratic running in general, poisonous exhaust fumes, all broken exhaust heat deflectors due to all the engine vibration, 14 broken seats due to lack of support, and a seized engine. The 2000-2006 Diesel Gators keep running, running, and running.

Old 11-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Trailblazer

polaris ranger crew beats anything for the money. we can take 6 people and still run almost at 50 MPH!!!! we have 3 inch lift with 30 inch mud lites. OH AND ITS STREET LEGAL THATS THE BEST PART[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

http://i414.photobucket.com/al...rstroke/CIMG0798-1.jpg

Old 12-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default John Deere Gator Vs. Polaris Ranger...which is best?"></title><script src=

Maybe you got better John Deere gators than I did. We have 2 6x4 diesel gators. They are a maintenance nightmare. Each time before I go out to use one, I always tell my wife I wonder what is wrong with the gator now. The chains require tightening at least twice/month. I wouldnt buy a gator of any kind after my experience with them even if they are half price..

Old 04-18-2011, 11:21 AM
Weekend Warrior
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by ****************
put the ranger up against the kubota diesel and then make a opinion.... its got as much hp as my 2500 series tractor.... the only thing the rtv is missing is a frontend loader
Kubota

We operate 15 Kubotas on our farm and they are a maintence nightmare. We operate every mfgs equiptment, including Deere, Cat, NH, Agco, Case, etc. Bar none, the Kubota is the worst. We replace alternators once per season. We even have oil pans rust thru after only 2 years. These are used by irrigators and we were pursuaded to replace our Hondas as an expensive "upgrade" by the local dealer. At half the price, the Hondas were very reliable. I had been a fan of Kubota and even own their stock, but this was my first direct expereince with their equiptment. It just is not reliable in a high use (admittedly dusty) environment, while other equiptment is. We have had no satisfaction from Kubota after bringing these product defects to their attention, one of which poses life threatening safety issues. We are being forced to sue them as they have taken the Richard Nixon "stonewall" approach even while presented with stacks of alternators, broken wiring harneses and rotted oil pans.