General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Need more power/speed in my '05 Ranger XP

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 03:02 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need more power/speed in my '05 Ranger XP

Hi guys... I consider you guys reading this as those in the know... I'm hoping you can help me out here a little bit. I just bought an '05 Ranger XP 700 EFI and I'd like it to have better clutching and/or more power. It's a nice machine, I like it a lot... but it just neeeeeeds MORE POWER! I know that for crawling around on trails/rocks hills etc. the power it has is plenty, because of the low range etc... but that's not what I'm referring to. It crawls around just fine and I love it's abilities in doing that, I just need it to have better clutching and more power to haul myself and others up a slight grade at somewhere close to it's top speed of approx. 45 MPH. And while I'm asking for some help, how do we increase that speed a little bit? It seems like some sort of limiter/governor is installed into the machine, or possibly just the ridiculous clutching is maxed out at approx. 45 MPH and won't let it shift out any further than that.

If someone can help me get pointed into the right direction, that would be great. Hopefully next week I'll get time to drive to Tri-City Polaris in Centerville, UT and ask about their new clutching kit they've researched for the Ranger, but I still need more power. I don't want it to make any more noise, so a pipe and silencer is out... unless it's a quiet silencer. thanks in advance for the help,

Scott
Ogden, UT

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-24-2005, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider

Scott, we are currently finishing our testing on our new go fast camshafts for that engine, you shold look into getting a cdi box off of an 800 efi quad they are different from the quad to the ranger. We will be offering a full ex. system I know you are not interested but though you should know as well as a complete clutch kit.

Old 06-25-2005, 07:29 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks so much Speedguy. I really appreciate the info. Do you have a website or something, or a number I can call?

Thanks,

Scott

Old 06-27-2005, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

www.hotseatperformance.com or call 651-982-0600

Old 06-28-2005, 08:40 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Speedguy... thank you so much for the information, I cruised all over your website and it looks good. I am very interested in all of this stuff you've mentioned, including the exhaust stuff. I didn't see anything for the Ranger on the site, probably because you're not done with the R&D, which is understandable, but for me to be notified quickly after you're ready to ship the goods, I guess the best thing for me to do is to call the phone number about once every other week or something I'm guessing??? I think I'll look into the CDI from the 800cc ATV soon, I hope it's not too spendy. This '05 Ranger XP seems like it's very restricted, or governed, it seems like the clutching is to blame for a major part of it, with the CDI being partly to blame also it feels... I wonder if the camshaft is different on the Ranger than on the quad? Anyway, if you could give me a hint on about how long you think it will be before these items you've mentioned will be ready to ship, I don't need anything definite, just a guess....

Thanks bud, and keep up the good work,

Scott

Old 06-29-2005, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider

First thing you can do now is get the cdi off of the 800 efi quad that will make a huge differance we wil have a new set of cams coming for all of the twins very soon like a couple of weeks. We have a ranger coming in for the exhaust soon as well best thing to do is call and we will have updates for you.

Old 06-29-2005, 01:31 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks so much, I'll be looking to get the CDI soon.

Scott

Old 07-06-2005, 11:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

do you have a part #, is this steve at hsp?

Old 07-07-2005, 10:19 PM
Trailblazer

The part number for the 800 CDI, that's a good question... Hey Speedguy, do you have that info?

Thanks,

Scott

Old 07-19-2005, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry, I havn't gotten back to you sooner guys the part # for the cdi is 4011256 it should retail for 299.99.

Quick Reply: Need more power/speed in my '05 Ranger XP