General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Moped Converting Basically.... Help Me out a lil?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 03:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moped Converting Basically.... Help Me out a lil?

Ok so i got a frame to an old 70 cc honda mini bike. (its not old mini styled more of a dirtbike style) anyways when i got it the engine did not work or nothing on it for the matter. Anyways i always wanted a road legal moped. So what i was thinking is strip the bike of eveything but the frame and i did not to long ago. Now heres the prob i need a reccomendation on engine size for it some scooter engines claim 47cc and have it goin 30-40. I found a good site where it sells cheap but new parts for mopeds. They also sell the parts that go with the engine all that good stuff (not a lot of online stores i found do) so could anyone reccommend me engine size and do you think this is an easy thing to do?

I could probly buy the parts put them in easy and have it runnin just need opinions thanks btw i could get all my parts i need for $400 or less alot cheaper then new mopeds going for $999 and up

Old 07-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moped Converting Basically.... Help Me out a lil?

You need to check as I doubt you'll be able to get the bike street legal. Laws vary by state. I just don't want to see you waste all your time and not be able to accomplish what you set out to do. As far as everything else I'm not going to be much help.