General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Street Legal Rhino?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Legal Rhino?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: honda rider yamaha lover

I know you can make a Yamaha Rhino street legal in Florida, Georgia, and New York, but does anyone know about West virginia?</end quote></div>

Please tell me how in NY - been looking for weeks.........

Old 07-28-2007, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider

I'm not sure how, but I have saw about ten street legal rhinos in New York on different websites

Old 07-28-2007, 04:07 AM
Trailblazer

yea im from ny i highly doubt that they would allow that to be legal up here even with a smv sticker... golf carts can't be liceneed up here... i think farm equipment is the only things on the roads that arent' considered automobiles...

Old 08-10-2007, 07:31 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TacticZero

yea im from ny i highly doubt that they would allow that to be legal up here even with a smv sticker... golf carts can't be liceneed up here... i think farm equipment is the only things on the roads that arent' considered automobiles...</end quote></div>

it's legal if you don't get caught. he,he,he![img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TacticZero

yea im from ny i highly doubt that they would allow that to be legal up here even with a smv sticker... golf carts can't be liceneed up here... i think farm equipment is the only things on the roads that arent' considered automobiles...</end quote></div>

i explored at a NY DMV office.

can't be made street legal. too heavy to even be registeres an an atv - that means DEC can give you a ticket if you ride public trails. can;t be registeres as a motorcycle. only one type of gold cart can be registered. in ny we are stuck right now.

Old 08-31-2007, 12:22 AM
Trailblazer

How about a street legal Rhino in Virginia? I seriously doubt it could be done as Virginia DOT is very tight! Anybody know?

Old 09-29-2007, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

There is a Rhino on ebay right now that in Ca. and street legal.(would post link, but don't know how)

Old 10-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just finished registering my 800cc mini buggy here in AZ.

Key was to register it as a Dune Buggy, but I requested ATV plates.
Explore the DMV. Ask in general what the regulations are or review a copy of the state Revised Statues. The Arizona Revised Statues are posted online. Do a google search for states Revised Statues.

If you call or go in, make sure you talk to knowledgable people, NOT the level 1 folks. I had to engage supervisors. It seems simple, but never is.

Here in AZ, you need headlight(s), Taillight(s), license plate light, horn, two rear view mirrors, two factory VIN plates, VIN stamped on the frame, and access to the "VIN" stamped on the motor. They let me get away without the VIN on the motor as it was a buggy and motors get changed (It is there but they could not read it with removing a motormount). Mine also has turn signals, but as a ATV.motorcycle it does need them.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Has anyone in Michigan made there Side by Side street legal in Michigan. Can you help me get mine. I found the tr-54 form but would like to know what you did and were did you get the stuff. I just want to ride the 2 tracks but if its not an orv trail you cant ride them. Thanks

Old 05-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

say man, how do you make a utv road legal in florida?

Quick Reply: Street Legal Rhino?