General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Question about the Rhino

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question about the Rhino

Hey guys had a question about the rhino. My parents are building a house in Northern Ca (Lake Almanore) and it will be on a golf course. My dad has said he wants to buy a golf cart for occasional use on the course but mainly to drive a mile or so to his buddie's house. Its the kind of community where you can pretty much get away with driving anything on the street and most of the people drive a cart for short trips. He told me that I would be in charge of choosing his toys for him. It snows a lot in the winter and there are trails around that people ride atvs on. I'm wondering if the Rhino wouldn't be a better choice. How would it do in the snow? Also, how do you think it would do on the atv trails? Do they get high centered easily? Lastly, do you think they would allow it on the golf course? I'm thinking they won't and of course I can call and ask but I'm really more concerned with the first two questions as I don't think my dad will do all that much golfing. Thanks for any input

Old 09-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

doubt they will let it on the course.Maybe with GC tires? Its a great rig. It will go on any atv trail. Get one

Old 10-07-2005, 10:58 PM
Trailblazer

It is FANTASTIC on trails, but on really tough trails I would make sure you have a winch.
Golf course, well, as long as you stay off the grass completely. See, it doesn't have a rear differential, so when you go around a turn the inside tire tears up the ground, and golf course grass would be torn to shreds...

Old 02-15-2007, 01:35 AM
Trailblazer

get a polaris ranger, they wont tear up the lawns in regular 2wd, nice machine as well, more of a work mechine than a rhino, but still a heck of alot funner that a golf cart