General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Are there new Suzuki and Kawasaki side by sides coming?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 01:21 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are there new Suzuki and Kawasaki side by sides coming?

I have heard that Suzuki is going to introduce a new side by side this year.......

Someone on this forum made mention of a Kawasaki called the Everest, a sport Mule of some kind.........

Anyone heard anything?

I am asking because the Rhino seems UNSTABLE, and I have real doubts about the quality of the Ranger XP.

Thanks

Old 09-02-2006, 10:27 AM
Pro Rider

if you're looking for a perfect ruv or as a matter of fact any vehicle, doesn't exist period. and i wouldn't doubt suzuki or kawasaki would be any differance.

Old 09-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

Why do you doubt the Ranger reliability? The700 has been a great engine so far. And the running works have been out since the 4x4 had been introduced in 02. Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Artic Cat share some engines and machine design. If they introduce one it will most likely be similar to the Artic cat design. But who knows

Old 09-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Trailblazer

There must be some secret pact between manufacturers that holds back technology and allow each other to milk all they can out of everything. Take a look at the PWC market. Sales exploded for awhile and they could not make them fast enough. Showrooms, warehouses and service departments were full of them, a real snake oil salesman's dream come true. Then one day - Poof - The fad was over. To re-kindle sales, the manufacturers had to finally stop milking that unreliable cheap azz two stroke technology and make something that someone would actually want to buy. One day people will stop buying ATV's too - And the sooner the better. The manufactures will then be forced to bring the good stuff to the table just like they have in the PWC market. Take a look at the Kawasaki or Yamaha or BRP web sites see the engine tech coming to an ATV under you - eventually.

Flame Away !

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-26-2007, 02:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

I do not believe that suzuki will be making a side by side. I have spoken to the suzuki rep personally and the reason he gave me that they will not be getting into the market is that they would have to build a new plant to produce a side by side. Kawasaki however already has a Mule and has a plant that is able to produce a highperformance side by side. According to the Kawasaki rep IT IS ON THE WAY!!!!

Old 04-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Suzuki will eventually build a high quality SXS,when I don't know. As for as building a new facility to produce the machine,I don't think that is a legitiment reason for Suzuki not to build it..I wish they would build one with the same stamina that they built the old King Quad 300...

The following users liked this post:
hack (09-17-2019)
Old 04-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

A dealer told me that The Suzuki rep informed him that the project was in development, but has bee "postponed indefinitley."

He also said the Kawi is coming...... lets find something out about it.

Old 04-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just spoke to Terry at suzuki again to confirm what was going on. He said that they will not not not be making one due to the cost and the expense of having to build a now facilitthat will allow the width of a side by side to be produced. If they were producing more than just one model it would be cost effective. They have been working on it for a while and decideced to give up on the project. Jamie from Kawasaki says it is almost finished and we will be seeing it some time in the next year!!!

Old 05-25-2007, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: clutchroast

There must be some secret pact between manufacturers that holds back technology and allow each other to milk all they can out of everything. Take a look at the PWC market. Sales exploded for awhile and they could not make them fast enough. Showrooms, warehouses and service departments were full of them, a real snake oil salesman's dream come true. Then one day - Poof - The fad was over. To re-kindle sales, the manufacturers had to finally stop milking that unreliable cheap azz two stroke technology and make something that someone would actually want to buy. One day people will stop buying ATV's too - And the sooner the better. The manufactures will then be forced to bring the good stuff to the table just like they have in the PWC market. Take a look at the &lt;a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.kawasaki.com/html/d...&gt;Kawasaki&lt;/a&gt; or &lt;a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.yamaha-motor.com/wa...x"&gt;Yamaha&lt;/a&gt; or &lt;a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.brp.com/en-US/Produ...=RXP"&gt;BRP&lt;/a&gt; web sites see the engine tech coming to an ATV under you - eventually.

Flame Away !

[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Your way off on this one...

The PWC market was forced to move to 4-stroke technology as a result of stringent bannings of 2-stokes on most California (largest PWC market) waterways, not because consumers were unhappy with old 2-stroke technology. Manufacturers soon realized these heavy/slow revving 4-stokes did not match the performance of existing 2-stokes. Sales slowed and as a result we now see 4-strokes mated to superchargers/turbochargers to put the same level of performance back in that the lighter 2-strokes once had. As a result of all this forced 4-stroke technology the price of a PWC has skyrocketed into the 10K plus range from the 6-7k range of the late 90's.