General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Rhino or Ranger XP to buy or not to buy

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 02:23 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rhino or Ranger XP to buy or not to buy

Originally posted by: prowrench
I guess we have different opinions on what is bad taste as well. I answered another guys question and your buddy did not like my opinion and attacked me. Called my "biased" then YOU agreed with him. You 2 drew first blood not me. You reep what you sew.
Keep your comments on topic and not about me if you dont want the same in spades. Feel free to report me, any open minded person that reads it will agree you 2 turned it personal not me. It's quite obvious I was talking about machines before your insults.

In short, dont call people names if you cant take it yourself.
Calling someone biased is falling well short of telling a man to ask his boyfriend about 10 inches. I didn't agree with him I told him "very well said" and I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are entitled to yours.
"In short" I don't need to report you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and if you can't figure it out ask around and someone will tell you why. The first post was a friendly reminder to watch what you post and a not so direct "warning" This one is more direct. Watch what you post.
If you feel compelled to keep this going PM me and give the poster back their thread.

Old 02-25-2007, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

Hold on boys,no need for a fight! The man(65yrsold) said he needed a woods ride....Well just from my position,the Polaris is used here in "Bama" for guide service,because it is bigger,I wouldn't want one because of the width.Both machines have their minuses's...The biggest problem I have here,is the re sale value..you can't get a Honda,Yamaha,are Kawasaki and Suzuki dealer to work on them or take them on trade,if you decide later on to change...and to out right sale one here,you will take a big beating......I tried both vehicles(in a hunting situation) before I bought.For me,the Yamaha,even with the noise was still the best for my application.The seat has saved my back.Like my Robertsdale neighbor,the Farm for the Polaris and the hunting is for the Rhino.You guys kiss and make up! HAaaaaaaaaaaHAaaaaaHAaaaaaaaaaaaa

Old 02-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If someone made the HUGE mistake on making you a moderator that is a shame. To be a good moderator you need the ability to moderate. You cant join in and endorse someones insult 3 times then say "PM me if you want to respond." If you wanted to handle this by PM you should have done so from the beginning, not after you threaten me in public and expect me to be meek? You really dont see the conflict there? Seriously?

You can't quote a persons entire post then later down the road say "well I agreed with everything except the bad part" life just does not work that way. I no longer wonder why so few people use this forum... Let me help you out here, when the other guy insulted me first your response which came about one hour later should have been something like. "Hey I prefer the Ranger also but lets not call other members insulting names just because they have different opinions and experiences." That would be an example of moderating.

huntnut, if your still around I'm sorry other members insults and now threats have muddied up your topic along with me defending my rights. It's a shame. There are many forums on the net that are actually moderated by moderators.

Old 02-25-2007, 01:52 PM
Trailblazer

Moderator, a Latin word for manager, ruler, director, can refer to:

Moderator provinciae, the title of certain Roman provincial governors.
a Scots and (originally) Scottish English, gender-neutral word that approximates chairman, someone who convenes, heads and "moderates" the discussion in a meeting, such as the nonpartisan presiding officer of a town meeting

Above is just part of the definition of the word "moderator" note the word "nonpartisan" in the last sentence. I can post the definition of nonpartisan as well if you need it.

Old 02-25-2007, 03:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: huntnut
I am 65 years old and I have ridden an atv since the first came out, had many Hondas from the 110 to the Rincon 650 but due to health, I want to change to a side by side. I have ridden a rhino, a Prowler, a Ranger and a Mule, mostly on dealers parking lots and I am more incline towards the Rhono and the Polaris.

Going fast is not a necessity since I do not intent to drag race. I use it for huntilg and recretional trail riding both in South Florida and the Tennessee mountains, I try to get away from the heavy mud as much as I can but I have no choice sometime.

I owned a Grizzly 600 and had no trouble with other than it was very noisy. I feel Yamaha builts a more reliable atv than Polaris. My son rides my Rincon and he has had no problem and he rides hard and in heavy mud, His friend bought my Grizzly have not had any problem but it seems mostly evryone else have had so kind of problem, Slipping belt. locked brake, etc. and they seem to be going to the dealer service all the time.

Can you help????

Old 02-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

get the ranger it is the best i have had a 6x6 for 3 years and never had a problem.It has great power and never gets stuck and can pull anything.If you want to know more message me i wll let you know.

Old 02-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

I recently had the same issue RHINO or RANGER XP. 2 days ago i purchased the rhino, for numerous reasons, width for trail riding, engine braking for steep hills, comfort of seating............... anyway go to yamaha-motor.com and check out there side x side comparison with the ranger, prowler and 2 up atvs, you can even request a dvd video (which I recommend watching before yoy spend 10,000.00 + dollars on a side x side. Hope this helps.

Old 02-25-2007, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

Mr Hunt Nut, look in the classfied adds in your local newspaper,see how many Rhinos are for sale, then look up the Rangers!.................see how many of those are for sale........

Old 02-26-2007, 12:18 AM
Range Rover

It sounds to me like the rhino would be your best choice, due to the fact that they are a little smaller and would work better on trails. This is a TRUE unbiased opinion as I work at polaris and have a Arctic cat prowler. Everybody always has that friend or relative that doesnt like this or that, just buy what you want and make your own experiences. I love my prowler and the rangers are good (I make them) there just not meant for tight trails.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for all your answers, I have been back and forth to the dealers and I decided on the Rhino, that is if I can find one. I wanted a Green one and none of the dealers near me have one. However some of the dealers I went also have Rangers on their lots on all colors, do they make more Rangers than Yamaha or are the Yamaha selling faster?

I was offered what I considered a great deal on a 07 Red or blue $9,800 out of the door and $10,900 otd for the silver colored. I think I will wait for a green one to arrive and hope the deal sticks.

Quick Reply: Rhino or Ranger XP to buy or not to buy