General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

rhino now has some competition

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rhino now has some competition

Have you seen the new 2008 Polaris Ranger Razr ?

50" wide, 945 lbs, independant, 4x4, 800 EFI - 0 -35 mph in 4 seconds, top speed 55 mph factory or 70 mph with cdi box.They are $ 10,000.00 - summer of 2007 they will start hitting the dealers. I have 2 friends that currently have the Rhinos but are chuking them to get the Razrs ,Can't wait to drive em.

Need I say more.
Rhino owners beware! While you are changing out the brakes or fixing the broken axles, or just cruising @ 39 mph the Razor will put the smokin on ya.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

Yawn!

Buck

Old 02-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

youll be seeing alot of guys trying to trade in there rhino's thats for sure.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

I think it depends on how the individual uses their Rhino as to whether or not they will get rid of it. If one owns a Rhino just for play and duning then I do believe there will be those who jump ship. For the people who actually use their Rhino to work and play, I don't see it happening. The Rhino just looks to be the only one in the market that is the best cross between work and play. There are units that obviously shine better for payload and passenger room than the Rhino. And it's looking to be obvious that the RZR will outshine it when it comes to play. But there isn't any one unit that does both as good.

I think the RZR is gonna be an amazing unit. Looks to have a lower center of gravity. I like the seating position in it. The motor looks like it's gonna scream. Probably gonna be THE unit to own stock if one wants to dune and play alone. BUT, it wouldn't work for me. No cargo room.

I am picking up our 2007 Rhino tomorrow. We just purchased a few acres we are building our new home on. It is gonna be the best of both worlds for us. Taking a dune trip on Spring Break and it's going. When it gets back it will go back to work on the property earning her keep. The RZR isn't gonna do both. The RZR doesn't have the "ute" factor to it. You have to remember that's where the initial appeal of the Rhino came from. It does both fairly well.

I just don't see it as a Rhino "killer" in the effect that it can't do both.

Buck

Old 02-13-2007, 04:06 AM
Trailblazer

theres no dout, as far as going faster the rzr is better stocks the rhino, however the rhino has enough room for back seats which i absolutle love, i can ride my wife and kids all in one sxs.(if i had a wife or kids or even a sxs lol) PLus all the aftermarket performance parts for the rhino...(engine tweaks, suspention, long travel suspension kits with extended aarms n what not) Im going to be purchasing a sxs and performance is my goal as i am a quaad rider/racer as well and enjoy riding fast, so im stuck deciding between prowler xt, rhino sport, or wait for the rzr. so anyways as far as if they can do any work that just a extra bonus

Old 03-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider

Play it smart and wait for the razor.If not youll wish you had......

Old 03-04-2007, 01:20 PM
Trailblazer

It ceretainly has potential, but some of us actually know that for 2008 Yamaha will also be adding a new and sportier Rhino to their line up in adition to it's existing line. Get ready for a suprise, Yamaha is keeping it's cards close to their chest. A week ago I posted acurate info on a couple other forums I visit. The RAZR meeting the 50" requirement on many trails is a very good thing, unfortunately the lack of a true 4x4 system that the rider can control will keep many away.

I remember when the Rhino first came out. "it does not even have struts" "it's to narrow" "the bed is to small" "it does not have a straight rear axle" "it will never sell". Today the Rhino is the UTV all others are measured by. Look at the title of this thread, even polaris owners are now coming around to that reality they denied for so long.

I'm not slamming the RAZR, big improvment for them. Truth is when the rumors surfaced about it I was gonna buy one. But the lack of true 4x4 and knowing a new Rhino is a few months behind, it's best to wait for my needs.

No matter what you ride, have fun!

Old 03-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider

I'd pick a Ranger over a Rhino anyway. "The UTV by which all others are measured by." What? Is this like fantasy football?

Old 03-04-2007, 02:32 PM
Trailblazer

the new sport edition of the rhino is looking pretty sweet

Old 03-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

I personally would be a little leery of something 1st year from Polaris. The rzr might be good for dunes but as far as trails and mud it seems as though it is gonna be a little tippy. I guess we will just have to wait and see. If you are small stature it should be comfortable but for the larger framed person it looks like a tight fit. I think that the Rhino is still on top for those of us that like to trail ride and cruise around. Just my 2cents.

Quick Reply: rhino now has some competition