General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

UTVs On the Cheap

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UTVs On the Cheap

Hi guys..

My parents are looking for an extremely cheap UTV for their property.. It would mostly be for going up and down their driveway (kinda steep rocks/dirt). I have a Kazuma 110 ATV and I can go up the hill with 2 people on it...slowly, but surely [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I have found a Roketa 250cc UTV ( http://www.roketa.com/product/64/0/14635.shtml )at one online dealer for $2699... Seems like it would work ok for them. My main question is, does anyone know of other chinese UTVs, (even cheaper!)? Some links and any insight on any models would be most appreciated!
Thanks!

Old 06-26-2007, 02:31 PM
Range Rover

LOL !

Old 06-28-2007, 03:29 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the intelligent and informative post. (/sarcasm)

Old 06-29-2007, 05:58 AM
Pro Rider

If you are a very mechanically inclined young man or woman; the machines you refer to will be a great learning experience; as many don't mind the extra work or even expense (to a point) involved in owning this class of UTVs. Your parents may even feel that they will be money ahead in this experience (justifiably IMO, when a minor is so inclined) if you, or all of you ideally together, do the extra work needed to keep this running even up and down the driveway.

If this is not the situation that you find yourselves in and your family doesn't necessarily possess the funds, time, proper tools or knowledge to literaly work this ownership through...I wouldn't go the 'cheaper is better' route to begin with.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:02 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks blackballed.. My parents themselves aren't that mechanically inclined actually [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] My main reason I thought this would be ok for them is because they are so easy on anything mechanical cause they are worried it will break! My dad for example never uses 4x4 on this truck unless he absolutely has too hehe.. and I mean he will try anything not to use it lol.. Funny I know. Are there many reports of these things just crapping out with very light use? I doubt my parents would ever even "punch" it just to see what it can do [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

What's your take?

Old 07-03-2007, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Rainier2

My parents themselves aren't that mechanically inclined...My main reason I thought this would be ok for them is because they are so easy on anything mechanical cause they are worried it will break!...What's your take?</end quote></div>

It will let them down eventually and they'll have more into someone fixing it for them than it's worth.