General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Advice on Mammoth 800

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 03:49 PM
GTS
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on Mammoth 800

cmsgtsmith, I think I can answer one of your questions, the light that comes on next to the ignition is the electric cooling fan indicator, the dealer told my dad that you should not shut the engine down while the fan is running, wait until it shuts off, I'm not sure why but would be interested in knowing?

Old 01-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi guys! I so glad that i found this site!!!!! Bought my 800 two months ago . Put 27" tires & a soft top with a nice 3500lb winch. Two hours ago i heard a nasty noise from my trasmission box, after i opend the cover i notced CVT belt outer portion ripped off. NEED TO KNOW WHICH CAM HAS TO COME OUT & HOW?... THANKS GUYS..

Old 01-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Trailblazer

Just wanted to set things straight.
The 800cc 3 cyl motor is NOT a geo motor. I was told this early on and found out that it is not true. Most parts are NOT interchangeable. THe geo is a 1000cc. THis is based on the suzuki F8B engine that is found in the Suzuki "Mighty boy" 4x4, suzuki capachino, and suzuki city baby.

You can down load the entire engine manual at buggynews.com under the above 450cc section.

Both replacement and performance parts are available for it if you know where to look, but not at your local auto parts store.

hope this helps

Chris

Old 01-23-2008, 10:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Overheating indications

Aarron of Couper's Classic Cars is a Mammoth dealers and also owns and runs one. he sells a temp fix kit for the mammoth for about $45 it includes a thermostat relocation and replacement of the temp probe. Claims it fixes the problem and makes the gauge more accurate. 802 645-9100 or www.cpi[ers-cars.com

Dave

Old 03-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Range Rover

How bad does the Mammoth tear up grass in a tight turn, like in a yard? I'm trying to decide if I want/need to pay more for a Ranger which has a Turf mode that unlocks the rear axle, allowing for tighter turns with-out ruining your grass.

Right now this is the biggest reason for hesitating on buying this much less expensive machine, I need to know from the owners out there.

Also, what kind of mpg do these 3 cyl motors get? I've read the complaints of the 800cc Polaris owners with EFI that are sub 10mpg.

<span class="FTHighlightFont">Thanks to all that replied to my questions, but I made a decision today.

Well, I decided that a SXS was more than I really needed, so I choose the Polaris X2 and will take delivery next weekend.</span ft>

Dale

Old 06-27-2008, 07:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Chris, Can you tell me the what search you used to find the Manual for the Suzuki F8B Engine at buggynews.com. I did a search 800cc manual, F8B Engine Manual under the above 450.... with no success or maybe the Authors name. Thanks

Old 07-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

I bought a Unison 90 and people were telling me left and right not to buy and a handful that actually owned them to buy. I bought the Unison and it has ran flawlessly for over 2 years with wild a$$ boys riding it.

Now comes the time where I'm ready to buy a UTV and the Kazuma Mammoth 800 is my choice. Just because it cost less doesn't always mean it is cheaply made.....could be that we are all use to the double price Japanese stuff. For $10,000+ you might as well just go out and buy a good used (or new) jeep.

Old 07-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

Have had our Mammoth for a couple of months now, and have not had any major problems. The cooling fan would run an excessive amount of time, till I got an after marked setup from Aaron. no problems now. temp stays below 180 and runs like a top.
Dealer is more than willing to help with any and all problems.

Dealer is Eagles marine in Greenville, Texas.
Thank you, Darren

Skipper

Old 07-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: badmoose

Can yall give me the address of ebike? I keep coming up with electric bicycles instead of atvs</end quote></div>

try www.eatv.com

Old 08-26-2008, 09:28 AM
Trailblazer
Default Advice on Mammoth 800"></title><script src=

I have a new 2007 Kazuma Mammoth (Demo) with the 3 cyl engine. Runs well but the cvt is loose because it makes sqweeling noises when I take my foot off the gas padel and compression slows it down. I would be very interested in any information you could provide in the adjustment of the CTV clutch. Pictures would be most helpful.
By the way I have had a 250cc ATV for 3 years now from China and so far no problems, four stroke, two cyl. and is very quiet. I also purchased a tractor, Jinma directly from China with all the attachments ($23,500) in 2005 and it has been blowing snow each winter, lots of snow in NorthEastern Canada, and doing odd chores and works like a charm. I must admit I do change the oil and maintain them very well.
All this to say that not unlike Japanese products, the chinese are evolving and producing better products every year.
Thanks for your help in the future.
Leslie

Quick Reply: Advice on Mammoth 800