General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Mule vs. Gator

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 07:57 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mule vs. Gator

Does anyone have any opinion on how the Mule compares to the Gator XUV?

Old 01-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Mule vs. Gator

i can't speak to the Gator, but I have had a terrible experience with my Mule Trans4x4 and even worse experience with both the local Kawasaki dealership and national Kawasaki cusotmer service in trying to rectify the problem (oil blowby) that was discovered before I even unloaded the vehicle from my trailer after buying new.

i'm on a mission to discourage anyone considering a Kawasaki purchase. There is absolutely no way that another company could have botched things so bad. In general I have found that customer service with most retailers and manufacturers has improved drastically over the past 5 years or so as these sellers have come to understand the importance of cusotmer service in consumer ssatsifaction and purchasing decisions. This experience really set me back in my thinking.

I will never buy Kawasaki again becasue they have not stood by their product. I will glady provide the details to anyone looking for a reason to buy another brand.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Mule vs. Gator

I'd be interested in the details, since I was considering a mule because of the 'less' plasic parts than the others for ranch work.

Old 01-03-2009, 03:29 AM
Trailblazer
Default Mule vs. Gator"></title><script src=

I have a 2008 Mule 4X4 Diesel. Can't say enough good about the economy of the diesel. 2 quqrts for hte first 16 hours. I bought it BECAUSE IT DOESN'T HAVE ANY ELECTRONICS. It simply starts and runs when I turn the key. It's slow(about 24 MPH) and won't begin to go where I take my Polaris Ranger 6X6, but it has electric steering, a really stiff all steel construction. It stinks when using off road diesel, and is a bit noisy, but it's a pleasure to use around the farm and for small jobs. It will pull more than most think it will and has a 40 amp alternator so you can run all kinds of 12 goodies with killing the battery. The battery comes installed, but exposed and I suggest taht anyone who buys one put the battery into a good battery box. I also recommend installing a bed mat to keep things from sliding around. It comes with a horn,and the radio is optional. No windshield, but one is available.