General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Honda Big Red

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Big Red

No low range, no power steering, fat, overweight, doors, AND a net around the cab. Even the instrument cluster is an option! Looks like Honda had a competitive price point to meet, and stripped it bare. Only a farmer could love the Big Red, and that is exactly the target marketplace. However, there are some rumors surfacing of a recreational/sport Honda SxS. Anybody out there know any more? The annual dealer show is September 5th. We can always hope! Otherwise, after many years, will part ways with Honda.

Old 08-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Honda Big Red

Nice, I just got back from vacation in Colorado. We stayed in Dillon right on Dillon Lake. Beautiful out there. Went to Aspen and visited Leadville too. Whitewater Rafting was the best. Do you get used to the mountains after a while?

Old 08-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Default Honda Big Red

I was born in Montana and Moved to Colorado in 88 so mountains are a natural fit for me. I guess they will grow on you but I am the wrong one to ask, to me I could never get used to what you "flat landers" live at as when I go to visit fam in Iowa I am nothing but bored!

Next time you are in Aspen you need to go to the town of Marble there is alot of history and that is also where the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier came from, Plus some of the best riding in the state!

Old 08-23-2008, 04:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Default Honda Big Red

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: nuke

No low range, no power steering, fat, overweight, doors, AND a net around the cab. Even the instrument cluster is an option! Looks like Honda had a competitive price point to meet, and stripped it bare. Only a farmer could love the Big Red, and that is exactly the target marketplace. However, there are some rumors surfacing of a recreational/sport Honda SxS. Anybody out there know any more? The annual dealer show is September 5th. We can always hope! Otherwise, after many years, will part ways with Honda.</end quote></div>

That seems to be the thought of Honda as of late all they want to do is just enough to get buy and not worry about anything else. Mark my words if you don't keep up with the Jones's you wont be # 1 for long, just ask GM!

Old 08-24-2008, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Honda Big Red

57hemi: I just bought a river dory in Bozeman,mt.Are you close by?As for as Honda, I gave up on them in '96 !Suzuki,Yamaha,and even Polaris is lite years ahead of Honda,in new additions to their lineups!The Rincon,was a failure also.Lot of money and nothing to show for it.Yesterdays newspaper!

Old 08-24-2008, 11:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Default Honda Big Red

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: pwillie

57hemi: I just bought a river dory in Bozeman,mt.Are you close by?As for as Honda, I gave up on them in '96 !Suzuki,Yamaha,and even Polaris is lite years ahead of Honda,in new additions to their lineups!The Rincon,was a failure also.Lot of money and nothing to show for it.Yesterdays newspaper!</end quote></div>

Nope born In Missoula MT. Now live in Colorado Springs Co. I will be back soon to visit thoe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2008, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default Honda Big Red

I think the new "BIG RED" is the future "Edsel"....to little,too late...

Old 08-25-2008, 07:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Honda Big Red

Well I guess that sums it up Huh? We did just get the Big Red in today and took it for a ride. I am satisfied with the power for the first ride, transmission is decent too, seating is comfortable enough. Not impressed with guage package and controls though. It could defenitely use some help there. It handles nice due to the independent suspension and is very user friendly. Dump box is nice to have alos. Overall I think Honda has followed an already established market in time to grab some of the business yet but could have put a little more effort and imagination towards it. Thanks for the input everyone!

Aaron
Johnson Creek, WI

Old 08-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default Honda Big Red

Happy to hear the truth!

Old 08-26-2008, 08:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Honda Big Red

Thanks for the update. For my two cents, I will just say that I am a life-long Honda owner, but the new Big Red is lacking when it comes to the competition. First, they need to redesign the body. It looks like the Ranger from the mid-late 90's...very dated looking, especially compared to Honda's ATV lineup. As with their ATV's, ground clearance is much lower than the competition. And they need to "add" some of the options that come standard on Yamaha, Kawi's and Polaris'. They'll catch up, it may just take a year or so of seeing that they aren't there yet. If I were buying a side x side tomorrow, it would be a Rhino. They are tested and proven. But I'll just keep riding my Rancher AT until Honda decides to play on the same field with the other side x sides. ; )

Quick Reply: Honda Big Red