General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

mammoth owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 06:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mammoth owners

i just got my new mammoth this past december.i have between 4-6 hrs on this machine and probably double that working on it.i ordered the thing from mammothutv.com and live in pennsylvania so take'n it back to dealer for service is out of the question.the problem im have'n is it keeps pop'n out of gear.ive tried cable adjustments and today i tried the washer behind the spring trick that the dealer suggested.needless to say ,that wasnt the problem eather. i see others have had this problem too.anyone have any advice ? thank you in advance. Tom

Old 01-26-2009, 06:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default mammoth owners

Hey,
I don't have any fixes for you but I checked on the Joyner website and they have several dealers in your state, perhaps one of them could take a look at it for you? Just an Idea, sorry your having so much trouble[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Good Luck!

Old 01-27-2009, 09:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default mammoth owners

Hello i am still having the same problem it is poping out of gear inside the transfercase/transmission, when being dragged from behind the linkage doesnt move and it pops out of gear if that makes sense? its fine in low and reverse, just it will move in high speed but once your going down the road and giving it throttle it pops out?

Old 03-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Trailblazer
Default mammoth owners

Hi to all, I have had a Mammoth 800 by Kazuma since June. The first thing I did was replace all the oils, lub all cables that control choke, speed change, parking brake, 2X4, 4X4 and diff lock. I adjusted the idle to the lowest I could because otherwise they told me I would have trouble changing speeds (R,N,H,L) Initially I had a little noise when I took my foot of the gaz pedal, but now that we have run it hard for some time everything is great. I also just purchased a new Spartan 500cc, with snow plow that is 62inches. The spartan measures 50inches width and the mammoth 60 inches. For transportation needs the Spartan will serve to carry us from our country home to our cottage at the lake, approx 10Km. The Mammoth brute, tank, serves as the vehicle for getting fire wood, opening trails in the 110 acre property I own and carrying rocks to fill in holes in the trails. It really is impressive how well it works and how smooth the three cyl engine is. Quiet is also important. The Spartan is more noisy but has more comfortable seats and has slightly better clearance. I did not put a snow plow on the mammoth because it would be almost 8 feet wide and it would be too big for our driveway to manouver. The 62inch snow plow does great for our needs. Here are some pictures.