General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

My question and my problem...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 01:31 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My question and my problem...

Hello all,
Ok I will try to make this short. I love the outdoors, ever since I was old enough I was hunting, fishing and camping. Since I could drive I took my truck then my jeep off road. Now my problem, I am now a disabled vet and I have extremely bad nerve damage from a bad surgery in my lower left groin area, starting at the belt line and going down... As you could imagine I cannot move very well so my outdoor time is almost non existent.
So I am looking for a side by side that first and foremost I can ride comfortable in, next that can get me threw any four wheeler trail. Also that can carry me and my gear in and out along with some meat for the table (hunting) . I have sat and test drove the new Polaris razor and the leaned back seat was comfortable. But the price tag and limited cargo area has me still looking. Also, I have been around and owned enough off road vehicles to know that I should try to get something that has a lot of aftermarket options. So my question is this? Which one is the right for me? needs/wants: ***comfort***, off road capable, cargo room, aftermarket options and a price tag that is not the same as some new cars.
Sorry this is long but I am pretty much lost on which one to choose. Any and all input is very helpful and is very much appreciated.
Thomas

Old 07-05-2009, 02:40 AM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd have to say the polaris rzr or yahama rhino is your best bet for capabilities, as for the price ....well, might be able to find a used one for a decent price.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yamaha rhino would suit you best. it's a bit pricey but i guess it would be worth the buy.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I also think the Rhino, with its bucket seats and decent sized bed would meet those needs. I agree that the RZR doesn't have a big bed. Otherwise it already has a big aftermarket (as does the Rhino). Maybe check out the Kawasaki Teryx also.