Guns and Ammo, Optics, Accessories Discussions on guns and ammo, optics, and accessories.

What's the deal with ammunition or lack there of?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wydglide
I own no guns nor ammo!
That's too bad!! I feel sorry for you!!!!

Old 02-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Oldman800
That's too bad!! I feel sorry for you!!!!
you reminded me if something that happened many years ago!

A friend of mine was real bad to drink & drive and after getting busted several times he was in court and the judge "demanded" his drivers Licenses to be surrendered Immediately!

To this my friend said and I quote...."you cant have them"

And the judge replied "And Why not? do you not understand I am the LAW"

To this my friend simply replies "Yes I know who you are, but your still not going to get my Drivers Licenses.... I took them out in the woods and buried them"

So the moral of this story & your Comment you could not resist posting is,....Don't feel sorry for me Ill be just fine!

Glide

Old 03-15-2010, 08:19 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As a former Marine and a gun addict- I'm not too worried about Obama banning firearms- or anyone banning all firearms for that matter in my life time.

The gun lobby is too large and powerful and there's a lot of hard-core constitutionalists.
The white house would fall before all firearms are banned- it'll never happen, not in my life time or my child's.

I have friends (strange friends) who have stashes of firearms in their house, I mean over a hundred firearms. They are addicted to buying guns and use the government banning conspiracy theory to justify their need for guns.

Don't get me wrong, up until 3 months ago, I owned 18 firearms (rifles, shot guns & pistols) I bought an AR15 when I left the Corps- Since I've had my children though- I've sold off pretty much everything except a few favorites- My SxS double Holland engraved 16ga (2.5" shell) given to me by my grand father, my S&W Light Hunter model 629 44 mag performance center 7" and a couple of Henry lever action Big Boy rifles.

I was at the Springfield, Ma gun show where a 15 yo instructor [sic] handed an 8 year old (Christopher Bizilj) an UZI- who ended up blowing his head of. His "proud" father watched the instructor hand his son a fully auto 9mm uzi- stood back and then watched his 6yo son limp wrist the uzi recoil, landing shots 2,3 & 4 in his head- I really don't feel like reliving that moment in this thread- what I saw next haunts and terrifies me to this day. Ever see a 8yo's body twitch because his head is home to an ounce of lead?
That was enough to convince me automatic weapons don't belong in any civilians hands.

I've seen some sick **** in the Marines- but nothing affected me like that- nothing. I have two sons now, one is 6, I still have dreams about that day. 8 years in the Marines- no PTSD... one day at a gun show and I'm a mess.

I'm all for gun rights- I'm a member of GOAL- but there's absolutely no reason why anyone needs to own 100 firearms, unless you really think Uncle Sam can convince all the police departments & US Military to gang up on citizens and if you think that, you need a shrink more then I do!

sorry if I offended anyone.... wait- no I'm not!

Old 03-22-2010, 09:39 AM
Trailblazer

Beergut,

How does your political commentary relate to the topic of ammunition availability?

There is a reason someone owns 100 firearms, they want to. I should think someone who offered his life to protect the freedoms of this country would understand.

No, two children having control of any weapon is a stupid idea. That whole thing pissed me off. What stupid fool put an 8yr old in control of any firearm? I think the owner of that weapon should be charged with a federal felony for giving a firearm to someone under 18. What father would allow a child to take control of a weapon in that manner?

It was a matter of stupidity compounding stupidity.

My apologies, I don't intend to hijack the thread, but that irked me. (Not that you spoke of it, but the actions of the fools at that show. Noone should have to see that and it never should have happened.)

Ammo is not in a terribly short supply around here. If the shelves are empty it will be filled in a day or two.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:32 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

I wasn’t making a political commentary- just stating a personal feeling.

All of the guys I talk to who own a cache of firearms, have the same mentality- and one (particular) thing in common- they all believe the government, police force or us military will go rogue and threaten their (family) life. The right to organize a militia was drafted during a time when it was logically feasible to believe a civil war could start at any moment- there really was no US Military. Every time I hear one of these twits say “it’s my right to organize a militia” in the year of 2010- I want to haul off and punch him in the face and tell him to grow up.

It’s always “what if this” and “what if that”… and the what if’s they propose are silly.

Yes- the constitution allows you the right to bear arms, but anyone who uses the constitution to justify owning hundreds of firearms- just because he can, or carries a gun to a soccer game just because the constitution says he can- is missing a few screws.

Its logic & common sense.
The constitution was a great document written during a time where it took minutes to load a single rifle (unless you were talented), pouring black powder down a rifle barrel-
There were no guns that could fire a hundred rounds per second. There were (maybe) hundreds of people per town, not thousands. Had the fathers written that document today- it would have surely been different- taking into account today’s firearm technology and current population. It’s an out of date document that needs to be revised.
(yes- I’m aware of the amendments)

That being said- I still believe people should have the right to own a gun, but please stop with the silly BS justifications on why you own 100 firearms. I’d respect you more if you just said “because I like heavy, shiny objects” or “because they are fun to shoot.”

man- I can rant on

Old 03-22-2010, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

It's how I feel about quads. If you can afford to own as many as you want, go for it. The 2nd Amendment WAS written as a hedge against an oppresive government but we aren't anywhere near that place judging by the reaction I believe we're going to see in November. I think your average person never dreamed there would be an attempt at controlling healthcare from DC but here we are. I think there will be a backlash in November. If not, then I'd worry a bit. Chances are you'd never get past using a couple firearms if you ever had to "fight" it out with government. You wouldn't last long enough to use too many.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:47 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

I think your average person never dreamed there would be an attempt at controlling healthcare from DC but here we are.
I understand what your saying- but I'm not so sure DC controlling health care will be such a bad thing (enter **** storm here)
Other countries have government directed health care- and it seems ok. I know there are pro's and cons-
I'm against big government- the way I see it, this will either work out good for all and we'll move on, or it'll be a disaster and bye bye obama.

My father spent over $300k (his retirement) fighting his cancer at the age of 59 before it killed him. That's criminal! He actually had to go to Germany to get treated, because of the BS here in the states. Then- my grand mother who lives in NB Canada, had uterus cancer- 89 years old and didn't pay a dime to get treatment.
Ok- taxes are higher, but what is peace of mind worth to you?

Boy- are we off topic!

Went to Dicks Sporting Goods a week ago to get a few boxes of 22HMR- said they are out, and have been for weeks…

Old 03-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Last time I was at Cabelas they had a good amount of ammo on hand.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Trailblazer

I just don't get the BIG ammo shortage....you can buy anything you want off the internet and have it sent UPS to your home!

Wait allow me to say We Can in Tennessee....I do not know about other states.

Glide

Old 03-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

If you come ho hunt here in Co you better bring some ammo as there is just about nothing in mainstream ammo to be found!!!

Quick Reply: What's the deal with ammunition or lack there of?