Guns and Ammo, Optics, Accessories Discussions on guns and ammo, optics, and accessories.

What is your favorite rangefinder?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 12:03 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainQuint
I find anything other than using a hand knapped obsidian point attached with sinew and animal glue on a spear shaft cut with a stone ax and employed while wearing nothing but a deerskin loincloth to be cheating.

If makes me feel superior to those atlatl hunters.
Preach it brother in my younger days when I could still hunt most of my bow hunting was done with a 55+ pd recurve bow, hand fletched cedar shafts and the only optics or sights we allowed were our eyes. We always had meat n the table.

Hunted Bird, Rabbit and deer

Old 09-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Trailblazer

I got a good deal on an Optic Logic 1000 so that's what I'm using. I'm not that good at guessing yardages at 20-30 ft up in my climber as some people here seem to be.lol

Old 09-17-2010, 02:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I had as much time to shoot as I would like, probably wouldn't need the rangefinder either. However, I HAVE made bad shots before and I really prefer to reduce these as much as possible. Before I bought one, I would always mark out distances at each stand before the season. Now I have more latitude to try new spots without walking all over the place.

Old 09-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by Scooter86
If I had as much time to shoot as I would like, probably wouldn't need the rangefinder either. However, I HAVE made bad shots before and I really prefer to reduce these as much as possible. Before I bought one, I would always mark out distances at each stand before the season. Now I have more latitude to try new spots without walking all over the place.

I hear ya brother I live in California now and they have so many rules against weapons I'm scared to take my hunting rifle out because someone is going to think I'm a sniper out to shoot someone.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Sand Hog
If that works for you its all good. As a former sniper and a long range precision shooting instructor if any of the buds found a range finder in my bag I would never live it down.

I see the use of a range finder as cheating for any type of hunting BTW I also bow hunted and we never used range finders. If you get enough range time you get the calibrated eye to see range good enough for a solid clean kill every time, if you take away the tech and rely on the range finder God gave you namely your eyes your reflex shooting into the kill zone will improve 200% in a very short time.
Back in the day when I was a captain of the spec ops team at the mall of America we used every bit of tech we could get our hands on. I remember having to use my GPS integrated ninja throwing star. I was standing upstairs by Sears when we spotted a small gang of Islamic Neo ***** down below west of the cinnabon. If I didn't have my arc laser range finder that day we would all be praying to Allah today. Kidding aside. Arc is great when shooting down a canyon but not important from a tree stand.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:08 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol That sounds like one of gecko45's stories that he passed off as true. He was the ultimate mall ninja.