Guns and Ammo, Optics, Accessories Discussions on guns and ammo, optics, and accessories.

Looking For Info On SKS Rifle

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 08:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its all good.

I really like how the SKS`s shoot, and the accuracy is quite good. I don`t have a very steady hand anymore, so the rifle can shoot better than i can.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:24 PM
Trailblazer

same here man...I'm starting my 2nd childhood as we speak!

Old 07-30-2011, 08:39 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by wydglide
same here man...I'm starting my 2nd childhood as we speak!

How many SKS`s do you have ?.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:21 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Ghost Rider 11
How many SKS`s do you have ?.
Ive owned around 10 or more, Can't count the AK's, I used to Horse Trade a lot back in the day last one I bought..(which is most likely why I used different terms than you did.)

I paid $69.99 Cash money & now wish I had purchased 5 cases, as they were setting in front of me at the time but I got out of all that Ive been into Computer Repair for about 16 years now, when I got into this it was an addiction to learn more about them........now it's just a Full time passion, That and being a Freemason!

anyways as I said I found the thread & for some reason Commie weapons catch my eye just wanted to add something due to being bored, it sounds like I need to brush up on terminology.LOL

ever owned a Steyr AUG? it was most likely the coolest little Assault-rifle, I had ever owned it being a bull pup the barrel was longer than the but stock & reviver! Biggest thing I liked is it was ambidextrous learned that the hard way first time I ever seen one they were around $400-600, last time I checked they were over $3.500 most likely way more than that now.

Old 08-01-2011, 12:29 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by wydglide
Ive owned around 10 or more, Can't count the AK's, I used to Horse Trade a lot back in the day last one I bought..(which is most likely why I used different terms than you did.)

I paid $69.99 Cash money & now wish I had purchased 5 cases, as they were setting in front of me at the time but I got out of all that Ive been into Computer Repair for about 16 years now, when I got into this it was an addiction to learn more about them........now it's just a Full time passion, That and being a Freemason!

anyways as I said I found the thread & for some reason Commie weapons catch my eye just wanted to add something due to being bored, it sounds like I need to brush up on terminology.LOL

ever owned a Steyr AUG? it was most likely the coolest little Assault-rifle, I had ever owned it being a bull pup the barrel was longer than the but stock & reviver! Biggest thing I liked is it was ambidextrous learned that the hard way first time I ever seen one they were around $400-600, last time I checked they were over $3.500 most likely way more than that now.
I used to live in california, and because of all of the BS restrictions and laws i couldn`t really get into guns as much as i wanted to. About a year ago a year ago i moved to Idaho, and here you can own anything you want and there is no waiting period when you buy a gun.

Ive been collecting SKS`s and a few Mosin Nagants for the last year as money allows. I wish they were still under $70.00 dollars, because like you i would buy a case of them. Ive never owned a Steyr AUG, there are a lot of guns i would like to own, but there out of my price range.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:05 AM
Trailblazer

Idaho.....some beautiful county I'm told, always wanted to Tramp around the west a bit, just have never made it out their .......Yet, I want to Go to Utah I have a good friend who runs a themed Camp ground, their on the Paiute trail (the largest trail system in the USA) to do some riding and sight seeing from his photos & Videos OMG it's breath taking, I know Idaho is too! Lord Ive Tramped all over the eastern US on my Harley, just never made it out west..it's on my Bucket List..... LOL!

as far as owning/buying guns their are advantages to living in the South East, I used to go to gun shows and they had vender's set up with parts saying ....do not put this> with this > with this> with this> with this> with this> with this>......by then you has about any type of weapon one could think of and they would post a photo the last part of X-gun and the sign would say don't put this last part with Bla Bla Bla...because it illegal!

you could ask them where you could find the last part almost all of them would point to the Vendor across the isle from them and say that guy sells it & you turn around to see who it was and he would have another weapon with the signs too, but part X was missing, but that table you was just at sold it......it was comical!

but anymore I never keep anything around other than my personal carry Weapon, that I keep with me 24/7 even on the Quad, Ive sold off all my firearms other than my old SKS & I have it stashed away at a friends house in his Gun Safe just too many Thief's around anymore due to the economy (man thats a sore subject I don't even want to get into)

but I am looking for a scatter gun, for "home protection only" just can't make my mind up which to buy I have my eye on a 870 wing master or mossburg 500, both are around $250-270 here on the east side ....got any thoughts about scatter guns?

Man that is a long post!

Old 08-01-2011, 06:14 AM
Trailblazer

One of the best things ive ever done for my self is move here to Idaho, it really is a beautiful place to live. When i lived in california everything was over priced and over taxed, and the crime rate was very high. And no matter how hard you tried you could not get a CCW license.

If you ever get a chance to take a road trip on your bike, head over this way to Idaho, you would really enjoy it, im in GrangeVille Idaho. I have found the people here to be very friendly.

One of the first things i did after i moved here was get my CCW liscense, and like you, i carry every were i go, especially when im out riding my ATV. I carry a full size .45 auto in a crossbreed in side the waste band holster with two extra magazines.

As for a scatter gun, im always hearing good things about the 870, but i also hear good things about the mossburg 500 also, so i think it would come down to personal preferance. I was at a pawn shop a few weeks ago and they had three mossburg 500`s and they ranged in price from $250.-$350. dollars, i wasn`t looking to buy one at that time so i didn`t inquire as to what the diferances were between the three, but i do plan on buying a mossburg in the future.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Trailblazer

How about something like this on a Quad!

Who ever made it knows how to work Leather!

Name:  BikeHolster.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  61.3 KB

Old 08-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Trailblazer

Wow, that is some custom leather work right there, and with the sheriffs car in the back ground makes for a cool picture. If i ever saw something like that on a quad i think i would be at a loss for words

Old 08-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Two things I'd like to see. A better picture of the bike, and the pistol in that holster.

Quick Reply: Looking For Info On SKS Rifle