Guns and Ammo, Optics, Accessories Discussions on guns and ammo, optics, and accessories.

who has a potato cannon?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by beergut
I dug up some pics of my potato cannon-

uses propane and a meter valve- and the 4 spark combustion rail system I designed using the electrical components from a gas range the barrel is double-wall with foam insulation in the barrel void- the combustion purge fan came out of a desktop computer.
I'll post some finished pics later- right now it's black, has a pipe stand and a remote user control box
I swear I can hit the moon with a potato-

anyone else into launching produce at the spped of sound
We just did the basic one with a screwed on end cap. Put the potato into the narrow 1.5 in. inside diameter end, shoot hair spray in the other end. Quickly screw cap on and use a clicker style grill ignitor to cook it off.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
Careful, it's the ghost of the upside down Polaris.
Beware the granite, BEWARE THE GRANITE, OOOOOHHHHH!!!!!

Old 06-23-2011, 05:10 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
We just did the basic one with a screwed on end cap. Put the potato into the narrow 1.5 in. inside diameter end, shoot hair spray in the other end. Quickly screw cap on and use a clicker style grill ignitor to cook it off.

that was how I made my first one- then I began improving them over the years
About 8 years ago I once used acetylene in one- knocked my *** on the ground (literally), blew the back cap off into my vinyl siding cracking it and launched the potato to god knows where
The siding is still cracked and that was the last time I ever used acetylene in a spud gun

Old 06-23-2011, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by beergut
that was how I made my first one- then I began improving them over the years
About 8 years ago I once used acetylene in one- knocked my *** on the ground (literally), blew the back cap off into my vinyl siding cracking it and launched the potato to god knows where
The siding is still cracked and that was the last time I ever used acetylene in a spud gun
Instead of "The most interesting man alive", Dos Aquis ought to use you in their commercials as "The most dangerous man alive."

Old 06-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beergut says: "I don't always blow myself up but when I do I prefer flammable gases"

Old 06-23-2011, 08:57 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by cncpro

Beergut says: "I don't always blow myself up but when I do I prefer flammable gases"

Old 06-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

beergut, i hope you've never contemplated hydrogen. just remember the hindenburg.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:28 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by Jaster94
beergut, i hope you've never contemplated hydrogen. just remember the hindenburg.
I actually made a simple hydrogen electrolysis generator they are pretty easy to build

hydrogen is your friend

Old 06-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

are you an "in the closet" macgyver or an amateur rocket scientist's intern at nasa? what do they teach these days in the marine corps?

Old 07-15-2011, 06:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had one a while back, was a cheapy ether spray one we built, had the grill igniter in it, that thing was pretty cool

Quick Reply: who has a potato cannon?