Help With Forum Software! A Place to get Help with the Forum.

Does anyone know of computer forums?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know of computer forums?

Hey im having trouble permantly deleating the trojan files out of my computer. I have one of the best computers.. like memory wize.. i have 80GB hard drive.. 256MB.. of somthing.. and its supposed to be fast at he!! but ever since ive dowlnoaded Kazaa and Limewire.. which mess it up totally.. ive never gotten it back to lightning speed (like it used to be).

I had software called.. adaware.. and there were some trojans taking up a whole lot of memory in that program. Ive tried to delete them but they dont permantly delete.

I have T1 connection and i just want speed.. enough bullsh!tting i need speed.. like my new YFZ450!!!!!

Old 02-15-2005, 10:50 PM
Range Rover

spybot search & destroy is a decent program. Its found tons of crap on my puter. I've also got adaware from lavasoft. Both seem to be pretty good. Sometimes your right though, the quarantined files are tough to get rid of permanent....i'm not sure what to tell you there....

Old 06-22-2005, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider

AdAware works very well, but there are many programs out there that go under that name but are just spyware (to get you to download them). Download it from this site to be sure you have the right one. Under the settings, make sure that all options are turned on (like scan compressed files, deep scan, things like that). After you run a scan, right click what it found and hit "SELECT ALL". Then, after hitting Next, make sure you delete them all.

NEVER put kazaa or limewire or things like that on a computer you plan to use on a regular basis. Not only the files you download, but Kazaa itself is filled with spyware and viruses.

Also make sure you have a good virusscan. Run it often.

Also download this. It's Microsoft's anti-spyware software, and its a microsoft product that actually works.

Run all those, restart, run them again. Eventually, you should be clean. If not, you may have to reformat your computer. That restores everything to like when your computer is new. That's a last resort, but a guaranteed fix.

Oh, and a computer with an 80gig hd and 256 Mb RAM is not one of the best [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Old 06-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

adaware and spybot search ad destroy are good but only work after you have been infected.spend the money and get sunbelts counterspy(rated #1 two months in a row in pcworld magazine)cost is $20 for a year and has the best scanning and removal tools available.has system tools included which makes spyware impossible to install w/o your approval(asked you for registry changeapproval before allowing any)and has pc security check up program as well.also program has active protection that runs constantly in system tray.also for anyone reading this,It is a very unknown fact that when you "share" something,you open up ports on your computer that programs can use to invade your pc (port scanners).I know because i run one and I am able to bypass firewalls because it(the program) uses windows explorer which firewalls deem safe(the same as having a wireless connection and a laptop in your home)so the moral of the story is be cautious,use a good firewall,check for spyware and especially keyloggers and dont put sensitive info(credit card info etc.)in your computer especially if your "always on" ex[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]sl or cable modem.Its a scary cyber world!

Old 06-22-2005, 04:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Also forgot to mention why you cant get rid off your spyware and trojans,most trojan viruses insert a code into your start-up registry,ad aware deletes the main code but the secondary(startup)code reloads the trojan when you reboot the computer,If buy chance you cant get rid of this with counterspy,download trial of avast virus scanner www.avast.com this program ( when ran the first time)run a virus scan before4 windows actually loads therefore deleting the start up code before it can reload again.repost if this still doesn't help and i can give you more advice but it is rather extreme(but at least you wont have to reformat your drive.

Old 06-22-2005, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider

Running everything in Safe Mode also helps. When the computer is starting up, press F8 about one time every second until you get a Startup Mode menu. Then select Safe Mode.

Old 06-22-2005, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

As mentioned, Counterspy is an AWESOME program. They give you a free trial for 15 days.

Also, AVG is not bad for a free virus scanner.

When running any sort of Trojan Scanner, remember to turn off System Restore.

One of the best PC forums out there is pcmech.com. They are the ATV Connection of the computer world[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
The people on there are really slick, and will gladly help anyone with a problem.

Good Luck

Trending Topics

Old 06-22-2005, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

I know it's kind of specific, but the people on the www.Dell.com/support forums are very helpful as well. I only recommend it because that is what I am familiar with.