Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

400EX vs ???????????????

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2000, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, everyone like the new quad in its class. I was riding ATV's back in 86 and remember how much attention the original Suzuki QuadRacer got until the Four Trax 250R, Tecate-4 and Banshee came out, and yeah the Q-Racer 500. When the other sport quads come out from the big four and the dust settles, I think there will be a more evenly spaced layalty.

Old 05-05-2000, 08:14 PM
Air
Pro Rider

I apolagize. I didnt't mean to imply that everyone who rides a Polaris cant ride. What I should have said that they are the easiest sport machine to learn to ride for the novice (ie can't ride) The whole point of the post is to prove that all machines have their element.
The 400 is the best at none and good at all.
By the way I do have a CDL and drove Race cars for quite a few years untill the local track was run by Idiots. But that problem was also solved New owners. I have been ridin Dirt bikes or ATV for 25+ years. I am also a Mechanic. Can you say foot in mouth MR Thomas

99 426ex , Web Cam, FCR carb w/ twist, CT revlimiter, DMC exhaust, XCT's ,K&N, One kit, Renthal bars, DG nerfs, Armidillo Swingarm plate, 8 paddle Haulers

http://www.trxoutlawz.com/

Old 05-05-2000, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

Thomas....
No wonder you make moronic statements, you cant read either.. Obviously you just dont get it..

Ride hard and Ride safe.......

Old 05-05-2000, 08:23 PM
Air
Pro Rider

Kids, as a mater of fact I do have a 7 year old who also rides. She has a Eton 50, give it gas and go any kid can do that.

Old 05-06-2000, 02:53 AM
Air
Pro Rider

Ooh big bad trucker.

That sounds as stupid as calling someone who is nearing 40 a kid and a moron because he doesnt see things the same as you. Just because you have a CDL doesnt make you a expert driver either. I seen a guy get his lisence and ace the pretrip and couldnt even tell me what a part was two week prior. Probably still couldnt now. He shifts to early and doesnt doubleclutch well. Cant shift down and spends too much time coasting with the clutch in trying to find gears. So just because people shift alot of gears doesnt make them a rider either. I know you are a better driver than this guy . 99% of CDL holders have to be. Not bashing you just making a point. The Polaris's with their easy to use features lend ther selves to amature riders a whole lot better. I have seen people wreck by "clutching over and rolling down a hill" CVT rides dont do this as readily. To each his own. I have seen some very good riders on CVT rides and have been impressed with their ability it takes alot of effort to keep up with a ride that weighs 50-100 lbs less and has a suspension set up for speed and handling.

If we all rode the same thing we would all be riding atc 90's cause nothing else would have been made. Competition is good for the industry

Old 05-06-2000, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider

Outlaw,
What did I not read right? I think YOU are reading wrong.
Air,
Your first post said Scramblers are for people who can't really ride.
If you would have said a novice rider would be better on a Scrambler that would have been true.
I think now we are way off course of the original post. But I had to defend anyone who is a good driver but chooses an auto because they want to, not because they have to. I only said kids because it sounds like something an inexperienced driver would say. Also, what's the deal with complaining about truckers? How else would your quad have been delivered to your dealer? I guess you could just drive right to the factory & get it if you wanted to.
Outlaw, I'm still trying to figure out what you are crying about. I think you are just complaining because you're bored maybe? Anyway If you can clear the air & explain what you are talking about then please do so. It seems you are just jabbering for no reason.
I think the 400EX is a great quad & I still stand by opinion that riding a manual shift quad is no way to prove that you can ride/drive. Too bad some people really are foolish enough to believe that.
c-ya,

Old 05-06-2000, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

You are not implying it takes skill to ride a 400EX are you? To Hondas credit it is the easiest & simpliest manual clutch quad/dirtbike I have ever ridden. Probably the reason so many sell. Very fast & super easy to ride.
c-ya,

Old 05-06-2000, 04:32 PM
Trailblazer

hey i have an idea instead of arguing on this forum go out an ride! thats what im gonna do! later

Old 05-06-2000, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

You are right.
After thinking about it I did seem kinda bitchy. The fact is the 400EX is compared alot because it's the Sport ATV benchmark. (for now anyway, Cannondale, Yamaha etc) But on the other hand for someone to be dumb enough to believe an auto quad signals a novice rider really just gets me. That's like saying white men can't jump!
c-ya,

Old 05-06-2000, 08:16 PM
Air
Pro Rider

How many times do I have to write that is not what I meant. What I meant was that they are easier for the novice to ride, no clutching or gears. There are alot of people who bought a 400ex who think they are better than they really are. Didnt mean to hammer truckers either just trying to say that ther is good and bad everywhere.

Quick Reply: 400EX vs ???????????????