Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

pictures of my turbo charged 400ex

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 03:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pictures of my turbo charged 400ex

I went back and looked at the picture and it IS BACKWARDS, I guess you guys were right (sorry). I am not sure what happened with the picture......This bike isn't really a show bike, I just switch out the plastic when riding in ruff areas. The wrap does look a little on the light red side, the scars comment was pretty good (LOL). I might have to get another wrap made with lightning bolts and a black background...Any other custom design ideas out there?

Old 06-01-2003, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

Nice 400ex but i also dont see a reason to put a turbo on a 400ex, not busting them or anything but you will get better results on a ig bore quad like a raptor, DS, or V-Force.

Old 06-01-2003, 07:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you made a link I'd check it out. I'm to lazy to type in the address.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-01-2003, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

copy and paste...errrr [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2003, 02:50 AM
Trailblazer

A few of you asked about reliability, here is something to think about.

You can expect 90% of original engine life with this turbo system. This can be explained by the internal loads that occur within an engine, inertia and power. Inertial loads occur when parts accelerate or decelerate, such as: piston or valves changing direction. Inertial loads are the most damaging because they increase when mass or speed is added, that is why aggressive cams need heavier valve springs. Turbo charging does not increase inertial loads. Power loads are created by the expansion of gases caused by combustion and are much smaller than inertial loads. Power loads help to offset inertial loads during the end of the combustion stroke and in the beginning of the power stroke. You see, the inertial load is upward at this point because the piston is rapidly slowing down as it approaches top dead center and then is rapidly accelerated downward. The piston receives a helpful push from the power load during this process. Because power loads are much smaller than inertial loads, turbo systems that provide double, triple, or more power are possible and are reliable.

That comment came from the team that put this together. I just like riding the bike, I'm not too bright when it comes to the technical questions. Though I hoped it helped.......

P.S.
Anyone know a good co. to stretch an h2 hummer in AZ area? I am thinking of getting one, but I have too many kids. There isn't enough seats in the h2, so I need to do a mini stretch. Sorry about the non atv question. Thanks for any help.....

azbigdaddy

Old 06-03-2003, 08:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: AZBIGDADDY
click here to see some updated pictures of my turbo charged 400ex.

www.400exturbo.50megs.com

don't forget to check out the photo gallery, that is where I have the updated pictures.....
are you by chance selling that on ebay? cause i just seen that on there...

turbo 400ex

yeahp there it is
and here is the turbo by itself

turbo

just curious anyways...

Old 06-03-2003, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello,
My Brother worked for Garret/Honeywell Turbo Charging. A turbo is a reliable source for more power if you set it up right. Don't go crazy with the boost and your good to go. Usually motors with turbos may not last as long because they get raced a lot, and hot rodded more. So with the extra beating they wear out quicker. It isn't all due to the Turbo itself. A stock quad and a Turbo quad ran in the same conditions should last about the same time.

Old 06-03-2003, 06:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

hella ugly...and here i thought id never say that about a honda...looks like aunt may upchucked her peach cobler, all over your bike

Old 06-04-2003, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider

are you by chance selling that on ebay? cause i just seen that on there...

turbo 400ex

yeahp there it is
and here is the turbo by itself

turbo

just curious anyways...[/quote]

stunta, I think he is because I saw it too and if you ask me that is way too much for a quad
like that one, if nobody else sees it you can say I did.

Old 12-10-2003, 12:48 AM
Trailblazer

It has been awhile........

I plan on taking some new pictures of my 400ex this weekend. Take a look at them some time next week. I added a fuel injection system and an intercooler to the bike. I had a purging system put on it so I can run Methonal too. I scrapped the plastic scars design, lol..............If you pull up on the left of someone, it looks just like every other 400ex out there. You should have seen the face on this one poor y-450 owner after i smoked him up the hill over Thanksgiving at YUMA/Dunes. He just couldn't figure out how he got beat. I LOVE this bike.........

Check out the pictures some time next week. www.400exturbo.50megs.com

AZBIGDADDY

Anyone see us at the dunes (YUMA) for Thanksgiving, we had the HUGE MONSTER TRUCK there too, just wondering?

Quick Reply: pictures of my turbo charged 400ex