Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

pictures of my turbo charged 400ex

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pictures of my turbo charged 400ex

dude, i wanna know how u can put a turbo, and get custom plastic, plus that supposedly porshe exhuast and race that thing...WHEN YOU HAVE STOCK TIRES, RIMS, HANDLEBARS, AND EVERYTHING ELSE ON THE QUAD! it doesn't make ne sense to me. i only ride at pismo and at bakersfield sometimes, and stock bars weren't strong enough for me. i bent my bars on a hard landing off a jump! if the turbo really adds that much power, than on ne surface, those tires wouldn't give enough traction. o, and on a stock 400EX, the shifter is on teh left, and the chain is on the right. also, with no air scoops, and no other aftermarket mods, how does the engine stay cool? i don't know, i'm very skeptical about this, i know lots of people who could make that plastic on photoshop. it seems to me that ne quad that i've seen that's built, looks like it. o, and i think that was probly a waste of money with the turbo. dabeechman's quads could probly beet the 400EX in a drag w/o ever hittin 4th gear.

Old 12-10-2003, 01:16 AM
Trailblazer

I don't really race, i like to just cruze around the dunes. But when i want to stomp someones *** going up a hill i can. Though I have to admit i have upgraded a few things sinse that picture. I added different wheels, tires, handle bars, clutch kit, pistons, swing arm, chain, etc. I had a custom oil tank/cooling system too. I have to take some pictures this weekend so you can see. The graphic design was made by Blue media in AZ, look them up and call them if you have doubts. Check it out sometime next week.............

AZBIGDADDY

Old 12-10-2003, 08:08 AM
Pro Rider

How much boost are you running? What kind of forged piston are you using?
Your page says fuel injection will allow you to increase boost, how so? You can run as much boost on a carburetor as you could with fuel injection. How long does it take the turbo to spool up? Do you have a wastegate?
What's the compression ratio? What octane rating of fuel are you using? How much did you advance the timing?

I have looked through all of the pictures and still don't see any turbo... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 12-10-2003, 10:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Were you guy's at gordons well i did see a monster truck giving rides to kids but i never seen your bike at freeway hill or patton i have ran across a yellow turbo bike once but he was easy pick'ins and i blow away 450's all day long with my 440 and this engine is 3 seasons old wouldn't that make more since than 3000$ for a turbo ????????

Old 12-10-2003, 08:32 PM
Trailblazer

My budy Eddie with Linex ownes the Monster Truck and we were giving rides to the kids. We will do it again after X-mas. I brought my two boys with me, it was the first time out for my FIVE year old. I spent most of my time riding with them and helping Eddie out with the monster truck. I went to the hill next to the freeway, buit I was only out there for an hour or so........Next time I will leave the kids at home and get some more time on the hill...................

Tech questions: I'm not really the guy to ask, but I will relay those questions to kms and get you some answers. It does have a blow off vaulve for sure.

Thanks............

Old 12-10-2003, 08:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

That was pretty cool of you guy's to take the kids for monster truck rides it looked like you were getting lots of volenters for rides[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-11-2003, 01:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider

AZbigdaddy- your turbo 400ex looks sweet. Not my favorite colors but i like the design. A guy on this site built the most wicked turbo you will ever run across. (DS650) He made 119 hp but could not keep a clutch in it on the hills. On the flats he can stomp all that try (4 strokes) I think you are going to see more turbo's show up in the near future. Guys do not blink an eye on dropping 7K in there motors.

I think a 400ex turbo would be a great hillshooter myself.

Old 12-11-2003, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider

Did I read that right? It only has 42 hp?? That is A LOT of money for only 42 hp, IMO. I wouldn't think you would be "smoking" a YFZ that bad up any hill.

All the decals and everything backwards is VERY interesting.... How did that happen?

Old 12-11-2003, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

what compression and brand piston are you running?? i assume your not useing the stock crank or rod??

Old 12-11-2003, 07:33 PM
Trailblazer

Steb, that info at 400exturbo.50megs is real old. we are getting 65 hp (8lbs boost), alot more when running methonal (20lbs boost), not sure exactly how much more. It hasn't been on a dyno at that boost yet. I will make a list of parts and names of parts when I post the pictures.

azbigdaddy

Quick Reply: pictures of my turbo charged 400ex