Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Yamaha, not Honda delivers 450 racer

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 08:08 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha, not Honda delivers 450 racer

I just hope us that are hoping.. are right. Honda is taking their time, seeing what works and what people want. I also hope they dont jump in, and start making the pointy *** fenders everyone is using now. That new yamaha is ugly.. looks like a raptor with a cold. The new suzukis were cool, but everyone has pretty much copied the design.
I hope they have something to blow us away, wild looking, and performance rolled into one..... but we have all been waiting for 4-5 years now, and once again.. this year its not coming.

Old 06-04-2003, 08:16 PM
Trailblazer

Well to tell you the truth I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for something new from honda then I decided to look at the C-Dales but they went out of bussiness so I went to the new Polaris Predator. But if anything new comes out from Honda my Predator is out the door and im buying a honda.

Old 06-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: KILLER250R
I really couldn't see why anyone would buy a Z400 over it unless they were lazy about reverse...sure it has liquid cooling but the 400ex does just fine without it...so who cares...it's only a hair faster and with all the money you saved it could be made faster then the Z. ... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Yeah. riiiiight.

The only thing selling 400ex's now is ignorance and lack of local dealer diversity. lol And the occasional dude like you who would give his life to support a company that could care less about what their comsumers want.

Someone sounds pretty bitter, lol

"I really couldn't see why anyone would buy a Z400 over it"

Hmm, yeah me neither-- New look, better engine/power, better suspension, watercooled (which those who say that doesnt help at all just need to wake up), SAME Price. Oh, I forgot the reverse, for the lazy ones. lol whatever.

Old 06-04-2003, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: binford
Originally posted by: KILLER250R
I really couldn't see why anyone would buy a Z400 over it unless they were lazy about reverse...sure it has liquid cooling but the 400ex does just fine without it...so who cares...it's only a hair faster and with all the money you saved it could be made faster then the Z. ... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Yeah. riiiiight.

The only thing selling 400ex's now is ignorance and lack of local dealer diversity. lol And the occasional dude like you who would give his life to support a company that could care less about what their comsumers want.

Someone sounds pretty bitter, lol

"I really couldn't see why anyone would buy a Z400 over it"

Hmm, yeah me neither-- New look, better engine/power, better suspension, watercooled (which those who say that doesnt help at all just need to wake up), SAME Price. Oh, I forgot the reverse, for the lazy ones. lol whatever.

Are you serious??

I have ridden both a lot. The 400ex suspension and balancing is way better. the 400z feels top heavy jsut like the raptor. And i prefer to not have the reverse. Reverse jsut ends up breaking trannys on most bikes (raptors)

Old 06-04-2003, 10:40 PM
Trailblazer

Yup.. Serious. Spent a good deal of time on an ex.

Old 06-05-2003, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider

Plus your frame won't break in half.

Old 06-05-2003, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think anyone is saying that the 400ex is a bad quad but who does not agree that it is a time for a change.

Old 06-05-2003, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

I have just heard from a VERY reliable source, that Honda will be releasing a CRF powered racer this fall! They are just finishing up the tuning of the 3 speed automotive style tranny and are looking at different types of material for the front drum brakes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LMAO!!

For real though. If you want a 450 c.c. size racer and Honda doesn't offer one, why not buy something else? Wait about 6 months and make sure the tranny doesn't explode, the gas doesn't boil or whatever else might scare you away from Yamaha and then buy. Some people act like if they buy something other than the brand that daddy and grandpa drove that they will be shot or something.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2003, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

Killer,
If you here in charge of Honda's R&D dept., had all of it's resources at your disposal and had an open checkbook; how long would it take you to bring a 450 to market?

Old 06-05-2003, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

The airbox in my yamaha waverunner exploded one time....thats the only explosion i have ever had on a yamaha.

Quick Reply: Yamaha, not Honda delivers 450 racer