Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

rincon stalling problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 08:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rincon stalling problem

HI THERE !! Im trying to find an answer to a very frustrating stalling problem on my honda rincon. It will stall going up steep hills and you have to let off on the gas for a second , or it will has stalled under hard braking. It will also stall when in heavy mud, and you have to let up on the gas , or when your stuck and have to shift to reverse... it seems to have to be under some kind of load. The dealer has set the idle a couple of times, but the idle seems to drop sometimes from 1450 to 1150 rpm. the dealer has also adjusted the throttle position sensor. the dealer is running out of ideas and honda says they are not recveiving any reports on this particular problem. The bike has 1000 klm on it and is well broken in. the dealer says jetting should not be an issue. I know there are some very nowledgeable people on this site , as well, maybe some other rincon owners have experienced similar problems. it does stall occasionaly in very deep water up to the tailpipe. ... Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thankyou !! FRUSTRATED RINCON OWNER... LIKE THE BIKE BUT MAY HAVE TO TRADE.!!!

Old 06-13-2003, 11:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

My Rincon has also stalled a couple times, once while loading it into my truck and the other time riding up a relatively steep hill. I am with you, I hope someone knows of a anawer. This could get quite dangerous.

Old 06-14-2003, 09:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have noticed they will abrupt kill sometimes when not fully warmed up, particularily if you take off at slow speeds. Cold weather or too heavy oil will make it worse. Remember, the engine oil is also the auto tranny oil. What weight are you running? It could also be something as simple as a mix screw adjustment, or a partially clogged slow jet. Is your machine very cold blooded? You're still running on the low speed carb circuit at lower rpms. Guess I would look very carefully at those two aspects before you assume it is something really mysterious. How often does this happen, and does it happen hot or cold? Can your dealer replicate this condition?

Old 06-15-2003, 03:40 AM
Trailblazer

My Uncle bought Rincon and was having problems with it stalling in water/mud while at low RPMs. It would cough and sputter like it was low on fuel. It was not the fuel, he had a full tank. It would stall out if he stopped quickly.

His FIX: Got it re-jetted! We live at a higher altitude. Check with your dealer and altitude.
He recently got a new exhaust system installed too..... It will rip arms off now. 30 foot wheelies!!!!

Old 06-21-2003, 05:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Do you know what pipe installed?

Old 06-22-2003, 10:27 AM
Trailblazer

He had a HMF exhaust installed.

DrClaw

Old 06-22-2003, 11:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

i have recently purchased a rincon but i am getting frustated with it stalling under load when i let go of the gas, also when i go in the mud and water it spits and sputters like it is running out of gas. i installed 27" mud lite tires thinking this was too much for it so changed them to 26" bear claws but the same thing can you find out from your uncle what jets were changed and settings thanks

Old 06-22-2003, 04:15 PM
Trailblazer

Ricky
My mistake, he has not yet jetted his Rincon. Has them.. not installed yet. Try changing the oil, he did only after 200 kms. Could be your rev limiter too?

Be patient! He named his Rincon the 'Green fire breathing Dragon'.

Dr_Claw

Old 06-22-2003, 08:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

I had the same problem and posted it on highlifters forum. I just started using this forum but if you want you can go to highlifter and look at all my problems out of mine. My name on there is rincon dan the man so give it a try! They said something about how it picks up fuel and when inclined it dies in some situations. Well now I got another problem out of mine so ill post here and see whats the matter.

Old 08-07-2003, 02:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

I to have just bought a Rincon and have had problems with stalling up steep hills. I have the dealer re Jet the bike to a 148# jet. I then took it out and tried a hill where I ride well to make a long story short the bike stalled out and reared over backwards and did $500 plus damage to my brand new bike and also broke my shoulder. So if anybody has any suggestions on how to make the bike run better I will be very happy to hear from you. Please e mail me at jeremy@peakswireless.com

Quick Reply: rincon stalling problem