Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

<<400ex Owners>> Would I be dissapointed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default <<400ex Owners>> Would I be dissapointed?

I have been looking at the banshee, but havnt felt rite about it, I love the looks of the ex and have heard they are easy to hold a wheely on, I will get a banshee, just not for my first atv, my question is, will I "outgrow" the power of the ex, Im coming off a rancher and I need alot more power.

Any replies would be great,

Get back later,

Mark

Old 06-18-2003, 02:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Every 400ex sold puts a step further away from the 450 racer.

Old 06-18-2003, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider

Gary i understand your anger but honda is not going to put it out til they are ready anyway. I have some sources at honda and they told me that this new waverunner was in development for 9 years before they put it out because they wanted to make sure they would not have and recalls. The ex is a good quad. I admit it is a little slower but for myself speaking i am not racing anyway just trailriding. I bought my ex and you can see the improvements i have made and the funny thing is everyone else pays alot more for just a little more speed. Someone please tell me that a Raptor or Banshee handles better than an ex. that would have to be the biggest joke out there. I ride with 2 other guys one has a banshee and the other a craptor. I like the banshees speed. But other than that i would take my ex anyday, anywhere, anytime.

Ride like you bleed RED!

Old 06-18-2003, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

Are you looking for apples or oranges?
They have way different characteristics...almost hard to compare because there is nothing similar other than the 4 wheels. If you spend most of your time in the dunes the bvanshee is for you otherwise the 400ex will make you happy.
The power isn't the greatest, however parts can be found to make em go faster

Old 06-18-2003, 04:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

hutchies, you may very well have your sources, but about the recalls on the Honda PWC's (Personal Watercrafts) or in other owrds waverunners, the machine has had more recalls then any other PWC prior. That includes any company. So if they started 9 years ago, they did a pretty crummy job. And besides, 9 years ago and engine size in any PWC that large was unheard of. Im not just talking out of my @ss. I may not know very much about ATV's but i do know more then the average person about PWC's. I have a 2001 Sea-Doo RX/DI and a 1996 Sea-Doo GTX. Both great machines, but if Honda had spent that much time on their machines, they did a pretty crummy job of it.

Old 06-18-2003, 04:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: hutchies
But other than that i would take my ex anyday, anywhere, anytime.Ride like you bleed RED!
What about when it's load up time and your buds wanna drag a little out in the open? Then it gets embarrassing...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img].

Old 06-18-2003, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks guys, although your not much help[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Ok my buddies, one has a scrambler 500 2wd, stock andwill probably stay that way, modified blaster, FMF pipes, k&n filtered, reed spacer, Ill I want is to beat the blaster, it doesnt even have to be by much, I NEED a wheely machine, and will be riding in a gravel pit, didnt think the shee could be TOO much better for that.

Later,

Mark

Old 06-18-2003, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

The reason for the "recal" on the Honda Aquatrax would NEVER have been done by any other company...Honda stuck behind thier product unlike Yamaha, or any other company...for the trouble Honda gave customers who had to bring back the boats for a mod were givin an extra year on the warranty.
GO HONDA
OH...and until you've ridin one of the turbo aquatrax you havn't ridin a quality watercraft

just for your personal knowledge btwrestle04

Old 06-18-2003, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

LazyHammer where in southern Minnesota are you from ?
If your looking at 400EX have you thought any about a Z400? Same $$ with a little more power and reverse.

Old 06-18-2003, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

The shee and the ex are in two different worlds, the banshee is only good for hauling *** in a straight line its nose heavy and doesnt like to make fast turns, and high maintnance compared to the ex anyway. The ex is a good all around qaud when it comes to handling only the R is better, stock suspension isnt too bad either. The banshees stock suspension is about the same as a blaster (and just as narrow). The EX will burn that little blaster, i had a blaster with those mods and then some and i would get smoked by stock 400's in every which way (especially drags). Get the ex u'll be riding it alot more than a banshee and will cost less in the long run, you might have to spend alittle more to get it up to speed than a banshee but u'll be spending alot more just to keep the banshee running.

Quick Reply: <<400ex Owners>> Would I be dissapointed?