Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Noleen exhaust for 400ex review

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2000, 08:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys
Here is the story, I ordered a Big Gun full system a month ago well low and behold they will not have the system until the middle of june. I went to the local Honda shop and talked to a salesman who I grew up with and he pointed out that they had Noleen full system. Well I decided to cancel my Big Gun and get it. Well the first thing that was noticable about the Noleen was that it had chrome headpipes (not important to me). The next thing I noticed was the massive size of the headpipes as opposed to the stock ones, guys these are some flowing son of a guns. Well I also got it for a great deal, 300 bucks for the complete system. The install was very easy and took no time and the bolts lines up well, the exhaust was tight and didn't rub anything or get in the way. Well I recently totalled my TL1000R so I am still a bit broke up so I let my buddy (who has a 400ex w/ dg system) take it out for a quick ride. Well the sound was great, not as loud as the dg sytem but actually a very distinct and good sound. Well he went out for a second and came right back with a huge smile on his face and said I had to ride it. Well I took it out and ohh boy was it faster, its like a whole new quad. what I have to say is that this system is a good quality system that is worth the money. I am able to pull my buddies 400ex from a start by many quad lengths. By the way for the Carb. we upped the main to a 158 and pilot to a 40, I am going to try a larger main and pilot soon and raise the needle 1 notch to see how it works.
Sorry for the long post guys I just wanted you to know abou this new system. Feel free to ask me any questions about the System.

Bill

Old 05-13-2000, 11:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a place to see it? Web site, etc? Thanks!

Old 05-14-2000, 02:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry I have searched for a website for Noleen and haven't found anything yet. If I do I will post it

Old 05-14-2000, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

TL1000R,
Thanks for telling me us about the Noleen system. I have seen it at the dealer and track before, but didn't know the power increase, quality, etc. I thought about either the Big Gun or Noleen. Thanks a lot. You have helped me in my decision on exhaust.

Old 05-15-2000, 02:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

My best friend works at the local Honda shop and he was telling me about doing the same setup on someones 400EX and could not beleive the instant power boost. Said he would have never thought you could get that much extra out of a 4 stroke by swapping the exhaust. He said by the end of the day the whole shop had taken it for a ride.

Old 05-15-2000, 04:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

what jetting were they using in the bike. I am looking for the best jetting for the noleen. Noleen said today on the phone that they don't even think it will have to be rejetted and if it does it will need only a few up on the main. I found this hard to believe, I also have the air box filter vents and k&n filter so I went with a 158 main and 40 pilot. I have yet to do the fullspeed/shut off run to test the settings with my plug. Just wondering what your buddy did

Thanks

Old 05-15-2000, 06:56 PM
Trailblazer

Do you have any idea of numbers or websites we can look at to get more info on this pipe. i am in okla. and the local honda shop does not know about it. at least not the guy i talked to. if it is the pipe you say it is this is what i am looking for. i wanted the big gun but no one has it and i considered DG but this says its louder and not as responsive. please any info would be a great help.

Old 05-15-2000, 07:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

I called them today and asked about a website, they said that they had one but it was outdated, they are putting up a new one soon. As for a phone number and address here ya go.

Noleen Motorsport
232 N. Sherman Ave. Unit F
Corona, CA 91720
Phone (909)340-2555
Fax (909)340-2522

Hope that helps

Old 05-15-2000, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

TL100R, thanks a lot for the address and phone number. I will have to call them soon. By the way, is $379 an okay price for the system? Can I get it anywhere else cheaper? Thanks.

Old 05-15-2000, 11:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

WCY2K400EX
That price sounds a high to me, I got mine for $300 from my local dealer but thats because he cuts me deal cause he sponsors me in Hare Scrambles. But they aren't that expensive regularly I think they were only around $330 at regular price so I would shop around.

good luck

Quick Reply: Noleen exhaust for 400ex review