Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Dial-A-Jet for a recon and what air filter?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 02:36 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dial-A-Jet for a recon and what air filter?

I have a 2003 honda recon that i use for trail riding I use it in the desert at around 3000 feet in the summer around 105 degrees and alot in the winter aropund 85 degrees, also in the summer i go up to our cabin at around 7000 feet where its in the 80's. also i go up there in the winter and slide around on the ice when its around the mid 30's. is the dial a jet a good investment for my recon or dose it suck? also it said that it needs a snorkel kit? dosnt the recon have a snorkle? I am also thinking between a K&N air filter and a UNI filter whitch one is better? I do ride in dusty conditions with little to no water rideing and minamal mud.

Old 06-29-2003, 12:22 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Winter around 85 degrees!! I have run a K&N with outerwears on all my bikes for years (hard a$$ desert riding), with no problems. I don't have a dial-a-jet, but they aren't that expensive, so I might give it a try. The snorkle thing is just a tube that you run up on your handlebars, that supplies air for the dial-a-jet. See this tech article, it might help http://www.thunderproducts.com/dial_a_jet_techpaper.htm

Right now I use the TPI (also from Thunder), and just open it up for more air as I ascend in altitude.

Old 06-29-2003, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

I am running a K&N filter with outerwear in my recon. I haven't had any problems with it yet but I've only had it on a month or so. I dont know about the dial-a-jet, I'm just running a dynojet jet kit.

Old 06-30-2003, 02:32 AM
Range Rover

ok thanks. I think that i will get the K&N but i still dont know about the dial a jet. it sounds too good to be true. i would like to here how it works from someone that has used it for a while.

Old 06-30-2003, 12:55 PM
Trailblazer

I have a K&N on my recon juss put on... havent had time to ride really on it. Im goin up ridin thurs ill tell u how great it is

Old 06-30-2003, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

ReconEs02 -- I didn't notice anything amazing, just a bit more throtle response and snap to it. I can also run a gear higher now in deeper mud compared to stock with my bearclaws.

Old 06-30-2003, 01:18 PM
Trailblazer

01redrecon- you know where i can get new plastics? my dad decided to wash the quads n scratched the hell out mine with a hard brush. since his sportsman yellow it didnt show unlike my dark green

Old 06-30-2003, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

I think you can get new plastics from service honda and I think maier might have rear plastic but I can't remember. You may just have to go to the dealer and pay a fourtune for it. I would get the yellow plastics if you have to replace it all because it looks cool and doesn't show near as many scratches, as you already know.

Old 06-30-2003, 01:28 PM
Trailblazer

yea i think i might do that cause my dad might b makin me sell it to get a car... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2003, 01:45 PM
Range Rover

Well I ordered a K&N For it from RockyMountanATV and I cant wait! I know that im going to need to rejet butI will have a few weeks untill it gets here so i might just get a Jetting kit. Thanks

Quick Reply: Dial-A-Jet for a recon and what air filter?