Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Looking for a winch for my Rincon...

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 02:43 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a winch for my Rincon...

Any place to get a winch for my Rincon cheap??? When I buy one do I need to buy the mounting hardware or is it included in the box? No place online seems to say...

Old 07-06-2003, 11:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

Nothing cheap but the Warn 3000 has helped us out several times. The new on the handle bar switch works well.
Mounting kit is required.

Old 07-06-2003, 07:54 PM
Trailblazer

Hi,
A buddy of mine has a Rincon and ordered a Warn 3.0 ci. He loves it, The thumbswitch is awesome, but the 10' ft. lead cable is really cool, one time his bike was submerged about 2/3 of the way in a mud pit, and he hopped to dry ground, and after rigging the cable to a nearby tree, he used the lead cable switch to reel the bike in, while staying dry. He also used it to install a perimeter fence around his lot at home, while working, he has the lead cable near by and used the winch to put tension on the fence while he fastened it. You will need the required mounting brackets. They are not included because different quads require different brackets. He got his from:
http://www.gowarn.com
The warn website is
http://www.warn.com

Here is the chart which tells you which bracket you need
http://products.warn.com/warn.nsf/wa...ucts.Main.html

And here is the Warn 3.0ci Winch with all the accessories you get.
http://products.warn.com/warn.nsf/wa...ucts.Main.html

Not exactly sure how much he paid for it. But it is an awesome winch, with many accessories available to purchase seperately.
There is even a bracket to mount the winch on the rear of the quad. I believe it works better on the front though.
Hope this helps though.

Old 07-06-2003, 08:37 PM
Range Rover

Thanks that helped a lot!!! I am goin to have to wait to ask the wife about getting one. You know a married guy need clearance from the tower before he can do anything... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2003, 09:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a warn 3.0 on my rincon and it works great. You will need a front bracket that is extra. Rockymountain.com is where I ordered mine. It's lighter in weight than most and is suposedly water proof! Time will tell. It works great and I like the way it fits in out of the way. Happy riding,

Rinrider

Old 07-06-2003, 09:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

rhinhd, It was rockymountainatv.com Rinrider

Old 07-07-2003, 12:41 AM
Trailblazer

Hi,
One more thing, If you live somewhere with high humidity, I would suggest getting the soft cover to cover your winch when your not using it. I've seen a friend of mine who uses his atv in wet conditions and his cable was rusting. You dont wan't that to happen, if it does, you no longer can pull 3000 lbs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] . Hope that helps

Old 07-11-2003, 06:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

When U go to buy one check out Montana jacks they have a warn price beat guarantee get your best price on the web and they will beat it by $5.00 see montanajacks.com they also got a WHOLE BUNCH OF OTHER PRODUCTS TO! so check um out ive bought a bunch of times from them and they have been GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-18-2003, 03:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

I found a Ramsey 3000lb winch for $375.00 at Big Buck Atv Prouducts. Ive looked everywhere and thats the cheapest one I could find. Plus this winch comes with a wireless remote control switch and a handlebar mounted switch. Plus the Ramsey and Warn winches have the same bolt pattern for mounting, so you can use a Warn mounting bracket with a Ramsey winch. I had a 2500lb Warn with the 10 ft. controller on it. Its a mess when all 10 ft. of it is wrapped up on your handlebars. So Ill probably try a Ramsey this time.

Old 07-18-2003, 04:44 PM
Range Rover

rocky mountain atv probably has some winches cheap