Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rincon/Rubicon input

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 05:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rincon/Rubicon input

I will soon be in the market for a new quad. I will buy Honda but am undecided between the Rincon or Rubicon. I have ridden both but am leaning towards the Rincon for the ride and power. I am not sure about the transmission though. When riding it, I felt like three speed deal was not enough gears and it was always shiffting up or down with not enough revs one way and too many the other. I am tempted to sacrifice a little power and comfort of ride for what appears to be a more manageable powerband. This impression is based upon very little seat time on either machine so I really need some input from longtime owners of each, especially the Rincons. Also, the Rincon does not have a low range. Is that a problem? Your help is appreciated.

Old 07-08-2003, 06:15 PM
Trailblazer

I have ridden all the Honda's since the 300, including the Rubicon, that I thought could not be improved upon. I use the ATV mainly to Elk hunt the high country of Colorado, and by the way I am leaving tomorrow for a summer trip to introduce my wife to the mountain I hunt on. Long story short, the Rincon has all the power you will need. I hauled Elk on it, pulled Elk on a heavy trailer etc. The ride is beyond compare. I am no spring chicken and after a major operation, felt I needed the cushy ride. Boy oh Boy, am I glad I bought the Rincon. I run 8 miles up a mountain one way, with the last mile really tough. The Rincon made the ride seem like two miles, I could not beleave I had arrived, but lo and behold I had. Make your own decision, for me the Rincon is tops. Good riding.

Old 07-08-2003, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it is a smooth ride you are looking for, buy the Rincon. If power control is what you are looking for, buy the Rubicon. It has 15 forwrd "gears". All the power control you want. It is more like a fully automatic 5-speed manual.

I think they are both good ATV's. I have only test rode a Rincon and was impressed, but we have decided to wear out our Rubicon first. We are more than content with it. It's going to be a looooooooooooong time before we get a Rincon. And when we do we will trade in the Rancher on a new Rancher AT at the same time.

Old 07-09-2003, 12:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

the rincon has alot better ride, also it has esp so if you want to control your speeds you can. the rubicanI feel is more of a work horse machine, don't get me wrong still a nice ride, but the rinicon is a better ride. I have rode on both machines for a year now. I wish the rubicon had a 2 or 4 wheel switch ( i have not installed the warn 424 yet.) I feel it would greatly help out the rubican.