Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Mud Machine tri-claws info...please

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 02:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mud Machine tri-claws info...please

Has anyone got any actual experience with the mud machine tri-claw??? How do they compare against the vampires or outlaws??? Let me know how they pull and if they are a good bogg tire
thx

Old 07-12-2003, 09:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Excellent. The difference between them and anything else in 27" would be miniscule if anything, but they are the best all around Mud tire made. (meaning they are about as good in mud as the top rated mud tires, but they have a better ride than any of them)

Outlaws generally get the nod for the best pure mud tire. Mudzillas are awesome too, but also the heaviest. Neither of these have as good a ride as the Claws. Vampires in 27" are no better in mud than claws and the ride isn't as good by any means.

If I was getting 28's, I would go with Mudzillas just cause they look so damn viscious, but for 27's, I have to go for Claws. Extremely popular in the forums, and I've never seen anyone that bought them after one of these forum question style decisions that wasn't completely impressed.

Old 07-12-2003, 12:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks alot man,
I got a set of 27"X12X12 tri clawsand put them all the way around, I've been told putting them on the front will increase the "mud on me" factor but that's a small price to pay to get through a bigger bogg!!! Well, thanks for the information, by the way, we ride in Louisiana and you know the fabled boggs down here for mudding, where are some good places in Ark. to go mudding?? We were actually thinking of taking a weekend trip of up there but didnt know where to go...once again, thanks for the info and keep riding!!!
tomkat

Old 07-13-2003, 01:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Might check with Texmudder or TXDoc over on highlifter's boards. They live down in that area I think, and would be familiar with places near the AR/TX/LA border. I'm almost up to Missouri up here, and I've never ridden down south.

Old 07-14-2003, 03:20 AM
Pro Rider

Exelent mud tires as andy has said, they don't beat you up bad on a trail either. I have smoked people with the 27" radial outlaws and 27" Vamps but i have never seen anyone with real outlaws or the zillas while mudding at all so I cant say how the claws stack up to them but I would bet that they hold there own very well. The 27-12-12 on front would make for very heavy steering I would believe, but I bet they have awesome floatation in the mudholes.