Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

honda recon questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 11:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honda recon questions

I just bought my first atv a honda recon manual shift. It does not have an odometer/hourmeter, is there an aftermarket one available. The reson I am asking is because how will I know when scheduled maint is due. The dealership told me to count the amount of times I fill up with gas. After the third tank of gas, I need to take it in and have the valves adjusted. How do you guys keep up with your maint. Also where can I find some aftermarket performance mods for this quad. One more thing how about a winch set up. Please reply

Old 07-14-2003, 12:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

DennisKirk.com has a "Tiny Tach Meter" for around $53.00. I just used an 8 function speedo from a bike. Rockymountainatv.com has a "Tusk" winch for about $110. and CMP mounts to fit the Recon.

There isn't much out there as far as performance parts and NO there isn't an oil filter to change. (When you do change the oil.) I know you didn't ask about a filter but it might have come up later.

Hope something helps.

Old 07-14-2003, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

Congrates on your new ride. For maintenance I just change the oil as soon as it starts to get a darker color, adjust the front brakes about every 3rd ride, and once a year I take it into the shop to get it all checked over and stuff. You can find some performance mods for the recon at www.rockymountainatv.com and at www.highlifter.com The only things you will find are a air filter, exhaust system and rockymountain has a clutch kit available for it. I have a kimpex winch mount that mounts up under the front fender to get the winch out of the way. I am uusing a T1500 Superwinch and it has lots of power to pull the recon out of really thick nasty mud.