Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rubicon underwater!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 09:39 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rubicon underwater!

A guy I work with took his Rubicon out on the second day he had it and ended up completely underwater. He shut it off right as it went under. It was in the river a while before he drug it out. What kind of damage should he expect? Will the warranty be voided?

Old 07-31-2003, 12:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the same thing to my foreman ES. change the oil several times and run about 1 minute between each oil change. (only change the oil filter on the last oil change) Check front and rear differential fluids. If he did't he should have pulled the spark plug out before he ever tried to start it. Dump the fuel and refill. Pump the primer on the carb. until it pushes most water from bowl. After all that use good judgement and by that I mean NEVER tell the dealer you played submarine!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Mine has several hundred miles on it since than and it runs perfect. Good luck!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-31-2003, 04:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I played submarine for the first time one the rubi sunday. I hit the dirty looking water hard, my friends had it stirred up so I couldn't tell the deep from the shallow. It was such a steep downward angle that the handlebar light went about a foot under, when it was almost back up it died and one back tire was still semi shallow and it rolled onto right side where the snorke is, got it back upright. Pulled it out of the 5ft hole of water, pulled the air box lid and it wasn't even half way full, drained that and pulled the airfilter off, shut the gas off, stood it on the back rack and pulled the plug. I shot all of the water out and then put it back down let the filter dry some and it sharted up fine, no water in the oil or anything.

When something like a droundout happens NEVER tell the dealer, and he shouldn't have and damage, my digital stuff was way under with no damage what so ever.