Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

is honda a follower

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 02:29 PM
HA2
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default is honda a follower

how is that relivant to the topic of this thread? stay on topic or get out. if you want to insult me you are welcome to in PM. it tickles me that you are upset, but that last post was just pathetic.

i was trying to help the thread stay on topic, but im not a kindergarden teacher.

have a good day!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2003, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How can people say Honda is following? They are doing this to continusally stay in compettion.

Old 08-20-2003, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are saying Honda is following because, with the exception of the 400EX, they have not introduced any new sport quads to the market before a competitor had done so. They let someone else do the R&D and then wait a year and introduce a model that is better. Honda did this with the 250R, the 250X and probably the 450R, but that remains to be seen.

It's funny to see people give Suzuki grief but Suzuki is now playing Honda's game. Like was mentioned before the Z400 is better than the 400EX, the Z250 is better than the 250EX. Sadly Honda's 3-wheeler heydays of the early 80's are long gone and they are not an innovator in the sport quad market. Back then the ATC250R was on a two year upgrade plan and every year had some refinements. The 400EX is on a 5 year plan for small refinements. Pathetic.

Old 08-20-2003, 04:05 PM
HA2
Pro Rider

Why don't you offer some proof to back up your statements?
i ask you the same question u asked me. where's your proof? stating opinion as fact is not going to make a believer out of me or anyone else for that matter.

what, if any, are the similiarities of the frame of the 250R and Lt250? I ask this because Honda already had their engine and rear suspension.

Old 08-20-2003, 05:17 PM
Range Rover

hondas come out later cause they do alot more research and development be4 they release it and thats why it lasts longer, and also while the "others" thro quads out on the market are dead and gone when they 20 yrs. no reasearch or testing so they break premature just like they were released and i have a 82 125m that runs got a buddy down the road has a yard full of broke tri-z's 250r 3 wheelers still running around everywhere and i'm sure ever1 has seen the pile of broke yellow and green wheelers so i don't care if its released later , cause i no it toke so long cause honda has already stuck this thing and flipped it and done everything imaginable to it and fixed the problems while the others are using u as research letting ya'll break it first .....thank you honda

Old 08-20-2003, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

lol the avenger, btw, ill pass on smelling it, lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

and vampireforeman, that was a good post, something i havent heard in a while.

Old 08-20-2003, 05:57 PM
Range Rover

My Yamaha Stereo Sucks! LOL

So now the Rincon and it's ground breaking technology is an example of Honda being a follower?

I ride red because they meet my needs and then some. Do you ride whatever you ride because you want your friends to think you're cool? How cool are you when it's in the shop? Ok I said my peace now continue the stupidity...

Old 08-20-2003, 06:07 PM
Range Rover

yea, really from sum points of veiw it is because polaris (i think it was)came out with irs first......wonder how many of those first year bike got a trip to the shop....against the rincons trips to shop cause honda already had it 2 ...they were just testing it to see what we would break and fix'n the problem and polaris fixed the problems as they came back to the dealers...any rincon riders can ya back me up...i no my foreman hasn't ever missed a lick

Old 08-20-2003, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AGAIN?

HA2,
Take a deep breath, count to ten and reread my posts. I never said the 250R was copied off the Quadracer. Where do you come up with this stuff? My point (the one you continually miss by miles) is that the 250R was created as a response to the Quadracer. Let's talk proof. Since you like to portray yourself as some Honda insider who knew about the inner workings of the company and development schedules back in 1985. Why don't you put up or shut up.

Old 08-20-2003, 07:52 PM
HA2
Pro Rider

They let someone else do the R&D and then wait a year and introduce a model that is better. Honda did this with the 250R, the 250X and probably the 450R, but that remains to be seen.
Let someone else do the R&D? Wouldn't that mean Honda COPIED someone else if they are "letting" someone else do the R&D? if u can clear this up that would be great. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Now, pretaining to the comment you made about me being a "Honda insider." i work in marketing for a leading nationwide lending corporation and have relatives that work at Mitchell. i know a thing or two about how business works and it takes times. now my relatives at Mitchell will also back me up that it takes years, and not months, to develop something, test, and produce. Now if you don't know who Mitchell is, http://www.mitchell.com/mitch/start.asp . they receive many types of vehicles before they are released and what information the manufacturer may have for them. it has nothing to do with if I know people at Honda or have the scoop, it's plain business. same goes for the new yami and honda. you can call it, "answering" or "copying" or "following" but the time to do so doesnt make sense and that ladies is how i come up with my conclusion. this is why i BELIEVE that all the heavy hitters are in contact with each other. all the similiar class cars, motorcycles, and even quads have been coming out a little too close to each others releases then time to fully develop anything from nothing.

now, where is your proof that Honda "let" someone do the R&D for their 250R, 250x, and 400ex? That's right, you have no proof. i atleast have logical and real world experience to back my beliefs up. you go around stating opinions as facts and that just doesnt hold any water.

Quick Reply: is honda a follower