Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

where is it legal to ride a quad on the road?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 06:17 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where is it legal to ride a quad on the road?

i saw in 1 thread where this guy said there were signs say the roads were designated for atv use, have even read they ride them on the Streets in canada, i remember when i was a kid in MO at silver dollar city and there was two 3-wheelers in parking lot with motorcycle tags on them. why can't i ride mine down to the corner store or wal-mart?

Old 08-22-2003, 07:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

in clayton NY that was me who said we havs signs. their realy have a pic of a wheeler on them but they mean that that road is desnagted for wheelers. all the town roads in my town u can ride on

Old 08-22-2003, 07:21 PM
Range Rover

Here in Arizona you can register a quad to ride on the street. all ya need are break lights, headlights, horn, mirror and insurance. both my rincons are street legal. i have been out to get beer and gas up and have also gone out from the house to ride in the desert. its kinda fun to be zipping along with the cars in rush hour at 50 mph but it sure eats your tires up.

Old 08-22-2003, 07:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LOL kford

Old 08-22-2003, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

In the State of MO till the mid 90's you could get a car plate for an ATV. but they passed the law about seat belts and also it was written into the law that ATV's could not be lincesed in the state after then. Some counties in the state you can buy a county tag and ride any numbered county road in that county if you have there tag.
Remember each state is different.

Old 08-22-2003, 09:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

up here we dont need a kit for the wheelers to ride on the road

Old 08-22-2003, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

Is there a link or whatever to tell what states are legal and what are not? Could someone please tell me where to find out if it is ok to ride streets in Gilmer County with the proper stuff?

Old 08-22-2003, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

I envy you guys.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-23-2003, 12:31 AM
Range Rover

i envy ya'll 2....thanks for the responses.....i would like to find a site that would tell use the laws for this subject my self......i have a friend that lives down the road abit and i ride to his house as about as far as i get to ride on street....only do that cause i can tell the cop he called and asked me to help round up his horses....he said if its for farm use or something of that nature they can't ticket u and he said he would back me up with the story if i ever showed up with a county boy with me

Old 08-23-2003, 11:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

I ride on the roads in NY. Yea it eats the tires like hell but it gets me from trail to trail. It very illegal and the cop(s) hate when you rip past their house doin 70MPH. one time me and my friend had the cop chase us across a field then he got stuck in a ditch and we went up into the woods and watched him get pulled out with a tow truck. it was good times that day. But we just ride the roads anyways and if they chase ya, run, dont stop

Quick Reply: where is it legal to ride a quad on the road?